travelguy92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last year I did a backpacking trip to Peru. I have tons of photos, naturally, but here are just a few to share with you. As you'd expect, Machu Picchu is AMAZING and it blows your mind. But I also did a trek through a portion of the Amazon rain forest, something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. I didn't take as many photos here because a lot of it was treking through the mud and I didn't always want my camera out. But anyways...thought I would share.

Machu Picchu_1 by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Machu Picchu_2 by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Machu Picchu_3 by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Machu Picchu_4 by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Amazon Rain forest by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Amazon Rain Forest River by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Wild_Macaw by Houston Brooks, on Flickr

Machu Picchu looks like a photographer's paradise. Thanks for sharing your pics. Did you try any dehazing software on the ones of the mountains? I like them as is but just curious how they would look if the mountains in the distance were a bit clearer. How did you find the lighting conditions in the rain forest? Was it a challenge?

Machu Picchu looks like a photographer's paradise. Thanks for sharing your pics. Did you try any dehazing software on the ones of the mountains? I like them as is but just curious how they would look if the mountains in the distance were a bit clearer. How did you find the lighting conditions in the rain forest? Was it a challenge?
I appreciate the kind words! Yes photographing the forest is a huge challenge, its just so dense. I used a lot of HDR work from the forest.

I did run dehazing on the Machu Picchu pictures, but my personal preference was this look. I liked the hazy...thats how it was in the moment so I kept it. It is a photographers paradise...as long as you can get there... hahaha. Its kind of a pain getting up that mountain!

Looks like it was a great trip. A real night and day between the mountains and the rain forrest.

Great photos. I almost made it to Machu Picchu once, but between the train being on strike and terrorists blowing stuff up, Cuzco was as close as I made it. I hope someday to make it back.

Great photos. I almost made it to Machu Picchu once, but between the train being on strike and terrorists blowing stuff up, Cuzco was as close as I made it. I hope someday to make it back.
OH MAN! I cant imagine getting that close but not getting to go, I'd loose my mind! Cuzco is interesting in its own right...however I got horrible elevation sickness and did not get to enjoy much of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back