A Weekend in the Dordogne

Love that area but I tend to go a little bit further south myself, in the 47.

Always nice to see "une deuche" and photo #6 is a great way to tell everyone how much this area is about food. More than any other in France I think.

These really convey a lot of "feeling", or ambiance to me. You've captured some nice details and small-scale local landscapes, and done it in a very lovely way. What always puzzled me is how the French have created some of the world's best cuisine and the world's best wines, but have also made some of the world's clunkiest and least elegant automobiles.

I like view #9...it looks like a lovely place to be. The sky's a bit hot, but the scene is nice.

What always puzzled me is how the French have created some of the world's best cuisine and the world's best wines, but have also made some of the world's clunkiest and least elegant automobiles.

:lmao:

Maybe you need some help. The Citroen 2CV was one of the cheapest car ever sold in France. But for that low price you got a 1/2 convertible (the roof rolls back) and a 4WD without the expense of 4WD. This car will go just about anywhere and if you actually get stuck, you can just lift it out :lol: It also had a wonderful anti-theft device: once you removed the keys, you could push the pedals to the floor and they would stay there until you put the key back in.

It is very slow by today's standards and has been for a while, lol, but it's a wonderful car and I keep one in France myself for when I go there.

Don't judge french cars (european cars for that matter) by what you see here in the US. We do not get to see 99% of their amazing cars. I've seen amazing technology in european cars that we've never seen here.

Most reactions

Back