"" A Winters' Rose "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On the way out a couple of Days ago, I noticed this Rose that seemed to tell the story of a Seasons Transition...

Rose2.jpg

I can't see anything drastically wrong with this shot.. If I had to be picky I'd say that the extremely bright spot in the background (near the rose) is a bit distracting..

Overall this is pretty cool. I love the snow on the rose.

If this was purely natural lighting, then I'd say you got the perfect shot. The more I look at it, the more three-dimensional it becomes. Very crisp and clean, and just enough of the rest of the plant to tie the rose to something and provide contrast. The background is suitably neutral and doesn't distract, except for that little bit of flaring in the top left. Maybe a teensy bit of PS to soften that to a less harsh tone. Outstanding shot, overall.

I think this is perfect. Perfect meaning it couldn't be better.

The focus is perfect. The lighting and exposure are perfect. The post editing is perfect. You could change the composition to comply differently to the application of comp rules, but that may not necessarily improve the image--only make it different.

Some may not appreciate that the clarity and sharpness more resembles the natural eye's view of the real scene rather than having the soft and/or fuzzy characteristics of un-edited photographs.

The highlight in the background doesn't bother me because I don't expect to see detail in an artfully blurred background. Had detail been present and then blown out, I probably would have found it harder to accept.

Thanks for sharing

Peter Pan... Thank You!

RKW.. I can understand that, but don't feel its a serious distraction. Thanks!

jkernitzki.. As said, I did think about that Bright area, but after looking, I kind of liked it.. and the way it played on the Muted Background.. Thanks!

Midnightjam... Aghhh I like the way you hint at Natural Eyes View .. ( HDR ) lol..
But it is not a HDR ... just to clear that lol... I do Thank You for your Comments, Appreciated! and as for the background, I'm with you lol... The Noise bothers me more than the Bright areas...

Where in Ohio are you From?? I am orig. from the Dayton Area..

Peter Pan... Thank You!

Midnightjam... Aghhh I like the way you hint at Natural Eyes View .. ( HDR ) lol..
But it is not a HDR ... just to clear that lol... I do Thank You for your Comments, Appreciated! and as for the background, I'm with you lol... The Noise bothers me more than the Bright areas...

Where in Ohio are you From?? I am orig. from the Dayton Area..

I'm in Parma.

What I meant by 'Natural Eyes View' is the perception you'll have of a scene as you are actually viewing the real scene through human eyes. Film cameras can capture a close resemblance to the actual scene and will exceed the capture purity of a digital camera. Post-processing digital captures can create a capture that closely resembles the real scene and can exceed a capture with film. And this is a hit with me.

I am an avid fan of your submissions. I always look forward to your next submission. Your work flow methods seem to wring out the max detail and sharpness in your images. I admire that. IMO, I much prefer your results rather than some of the entries that have less-than-100 % detail a/c under or over exposure or entries that are soft and noisy, etc.

We have available to us high-tech equipment that is capable of producing far better results than those results of the old-time press cameras (which were probably state-of-the art in their day). I enjoy seeing results maximised by modern-day technology and equipment.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing your efforts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back