Abandoned Beach Hut

j_mcquillen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightinthesky.co.uk
A derelict old beach hut stuck in the middle of the dunes at Bamburgh in Northumberland, UK. Got soaked by the large black cloud top left, just after I took this shot...

BamburghBeachHut.jpg

Minolta Dynax 505si, 28-80mm, 15sec @ f22 on Fuji Velvia 50 with 0.9 Nd Grad & 81b warmup.

James!
Wow!
Another of those wonderful photos! Lovely colours again!
This one is much softer than the ones of the castles, and I am convinced you went for this aspect. Longer aperture?
And hey, even though I feel sorry for your getting soaked by that big black cloud, I must say that it adds a great deal to this photo!

The colors, softness and composition really make this a stand out to me. You did an excellent job. :thumbsup:

WOW yes you get the BIG font for this one. Really really nice. I love the color and comp.

STINKING AWESOME!!! No critique needed!!! Love this shot!!!

I like this picture very much. if i have to nitpick, the abrupt blackness next to the house bothered me. otherwise it would have been perfect.

That's lovely. I'm impressed by the featheryness of the grass while the house is still so crisp and the clouds don't seem blurred at all. That's a nice effect. The colors are rich and I like that they're distinct in their zones, each obect in the photo stands alone as an entity. The lighting is very nice as well. Great shot.

Yes! I love the "fox eye" view. I am not a fan of the vertical format, but that can be overlooked in this case. Excellent job on the exposure.

The Velvia or any film 100 ISO or under is something digi will have a hard time surpassing. I say print it 16x20; or in this case 20x16.

If i have to nitpick, the abrupt blackness next to the house bothered me. otherwise it would have been perfect.
I agree with you on this... I've got a couple more shots where the bush next to the hut is better exposed, but the grass in the foreground is a bit too bright, and the sky colours washed out... I reckon this shot is the best 'all-round' exposure compromise

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back