Acadia National Park

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in Acadia National Park on a photography trip until Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be uploading photos here as I edit them. So far it's been an incredible trip!

Note: All Photos taken on the fuji x-t3. I'll note the lens on the individual image. I've got some thoughts developing on the X-T3; mostly positive. But I'm keeping notes on them and will share them following the trip.

1.) Sunset at Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse. Famous spot, but I had to shoot it. 10-24 f/4.
Bass Harbor Light Sunset by Destin Danser, on Flickr

2.) Jordon Pond Star Trails. 35 f/2.
Jordan Pond Trails by Destin Danser, on Flickr

3.) Boulder Beach Sunrise. 10-24 f/2.
Boulder Beach Sunrise by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Wait, I thought the APC Fujifilm XT series wasn't good for landscapes? Beautiful shots.

Wait, I thought the APC Fujifilm XT series wasn't good for landscapes? Beautiful shots.

It’s changing my mind rapidly. But it does have some quirks.

The photos are great, Destin. I especially like #3. I've never been able to make it up to Acadia when I haven't had family business to attend to...it's a haul from here too, and I have a cousin that lives in Blue Hill, so visiting usually precludes a lot of exploring.

Other than the processing quirks, do you think you'll ever miss the 36mp sensor? I sold a handful of D600 prints in the last few months that people have wanted HUGE -- like 24x36 and bigger. The photos were uncropped, and I still had to upconvert to meet the minimum DPI from the printer.

Then again...Fuji medium-format sounds awesome too...maybe that's just the natural progression.

Great pics! How’s the fall color? We had a few trees here turn overnight. Trying to decide if this weekend or next for White Moubtains.

The photos are great, Destin. I especially like #3. I've never been able to make it up to Acadia when I haven't had family business to attend to...it's a haul from here too, and I have a cousin that lives in Blue Hill, so visiting usually precludes a lot of exploring.

Other than the processing quirks, do you think you'll ever miss the 36mp sensor? I sold a handful of D600 prints in the last few months that people have wanted HUGE -- like 24x36 and bigger. The photos were uncropped, and I still had to upconvert to meet the minimum DPI from the printer.

Then again...Fuji medium-format sounds awesome too...maybe that's just the natural progression.

I really don’t plan on going to medium format. So far I don’t miss the resolution at all.. but I rarely print a normal photo larger than 20x30, and even that is rare.

Took me 13 hours to get here yesterday and I’ve been shooting since I arrived. About to take a nap mid day while the light sucks lol

Great pics! How’s the fall color? We had a few trees here turn overnight. Trying to decide if this weekend or next for White Moubtains.

Honestly it’s not that good. The drive up had me hopeful because a lot of the highway north of Portland was colorful, but very little has turned here along the coast.

Not the end of the world though, this park is gorgeous in any condition.

I really don’t plan on going to medium format. So far I don’t miss the resolution at all.. but I rarely print a normal photo larger than 20x30, and even that is rare.

Took me 13 hours to get here yesterday and I’ve been shooting since I arrived. About to take a nap mid day while the light sucks lol

I was wondering that, too. It’s a solid 6-7 hours from here, and I have a straight shot. I’m sure that’s how much time you spent on 90 alone!

I was wondering that, too. It’s a solid 6-7 hours from here, and I have a straight shot. I’m sure that’s how much time you spent on 90 alone!

It’s about 10-10.5 of drive time for me. But with lunch, gas, and nap stops it’s an all day affair.

Next year we should do a TPF weekend in Acadia. The luxury bus could travel north picking us all up along the way.

Most reactions

Back