Accent

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
OK, gang... I've stepped out of my realm on this one and I'm afraid I wandered a bit too far. This is new territory for me. Please advise.

IMG_0033.jpg

Thanks!
-Pete

Great stuff! A bump in contrast could be considered.

New territory? :scratch:

Very nice. Looks like a jewellery add in a fashion magazine. :thumbsup: I like the soft look and don't think it needs more contrast.

Eric

I like it too. Could be a nice shot for a bride when wearing family heirlooms (ie grandmas necklace). Looks good the way it is and if you can replicate it for later shoots, use it.

I really like the crop and the attention to the necklace. I like the softness, but it almost looks like a motion blur. What filter did you use to get this look? If you still have the original might be interesting to see with some other softening tools for comparison. I'm with Daniel that a tad more contrast might give it a little more appeal to me, but it works well as is. This is a very different style for you and I like it!

AlisonPower said:
I really like the crop and the attention to the necklace. I like the softness, but it almost looks like a motion blur. What filter did you use to get this look?

Right on the money, Alison... motion blur. I floated a layer, did the blur, thinned it out, and erased a hole in it. I was going for a bit of movement.

Thanks!

I like the effect that you have achieved, the emphasis on the necklace is really lovely. The angle/perspective does bother me a little though. I almost get the feeling that either you or she is falling. I'd like to see a similar effect on a shot where she is vertical and maybe turning her head. Just an idea.

I'm sure this will be a great part of their wedding album. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back