Action Plan @ The Barfly, London

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Another one of my "archive" photos. This is a scanned print (think it's Fuji superia 400iso). Took it with an old, old, Nikon F401 (my first slr) and a standard 35-70mm lens and photoshopped it for the sepia effect (hue/saturation). Let me know what you think. Thanks.

actionplan02.jpg

Sorry, AJ, I see you are waiting for responses here and there is none. This is always sad to see, for you usually like the photo you present here, unless you say differently. Now live music photography is not my thing at all, which is why I find critiquing it very difficult.

All I can say is that I like that shaft of light from the spotlight, I like the motion blur of the guitar player and the haziness of the bass player.

As to the technical or artistic quality of the photo... let others speak (if they would).

I think it is neat! i know how hard it is to take a good picture of real music. And this is what I wanted to see. good job on this one!

I dig the color and crispness towards the bottom. That light beaming down works very well, especially when all else is quite dark. I suppose in a picture where there is some blur action goin on with some musicians I would prefer to see that motion in the hands, or you know, whatever part of the body that is working the instrument. But I know you can't yell up to the stage in the middle of a song, "Hey guys! Could you move your hands faster and stand as still as possible? Perfect!"

Most reactions

Back