Adobe PS Tool Bar problem

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since the last up date to PS I'm finding an annoying problem. The first image I view from Adobe bridge produces my normal workspace. After that. for any subsequent image, the workspace boots up with only one or two tools showing in the tool bar with the remainder replaced by a column of plus signs. Rebooting the the whole computer starts the cycle again. I'm familiar with the tool bar reset, set up and additional tool options but nothing seems to cure this. I could delete PS and reload it but setting up all of my plugins is a real pain and I will avoid that if I can. Anyone have the same problem/a fix.

I mostly use Bridge for file management (non teathered shoots).
The methods I use aren't really conducive to opening an image in Bridge so I can't comment on the issue itself. If you can open an image in the library view in LR without problem, then I would think it's a Bridge problem. If you have thr same issue then I'd look to PS.

I use Bridge and not Light Room. Files are opening fine from Bridge ACR to PS and Bridge to PS. Tools are where I have set up. The problem that started yesterday in Bridge for me was the Batch renaming. The file extention is missing. I had to add a text box and plug in the extention text.

Every time I've had a problem with PS the Adobe help wants me to uninstall and reinstall. Which I quit doing because like you posted have to add back all the plugins and brushes and actions. I just wait it out until it is fixed in the next update.

Thanks both. Since my first post, I have discovered that if I open PS and then call up an image using the "open" option under file, I can open all images without a problem. However, my normal workflow has been to open PS by selecting an image in Bridge and doing this is where the problem shows itself. Looks like there might be interaction between the two Apps. However, I agree. Adobe will undoubtedly come up with a further update.

Standardization and consistency are big issues for me when I have large sets. About 50% of the time I'm working tethered so they're going direct to LR anyhow. The only time I use Bridge is for file managent or moving images off an SD to my working HD.

PS did an update yesterday and now Bridge is not connected to PS sort of. In Bridge the Tools>Photoshop>Image processor is missing. The scripts for PS are all there in Bridge. If I open a raw file in ACR I can send to PS. In PS I can use Filter>ACR

Odd, very odd. When I was having problems back in January the tech had me install the previous version of Bridge & PS. I can use that Bridge to process multiple files. Just a head ache to open different app versions to get something accomplished.

Through a google search seems that the Bridge 13.0.3 has some of my problem and a few others that I don't have. One answer for the missing PS image processor in Bridge was to uninstall both Bridge and PS then reinstall Bridge first so PS can run the scripts to connect on its installation. The head ache with an uninstall is that I have to load all my brushes, plugins, and recreate my action buttons again.

Think I will wait this out for the next update to see if it gets fixed.

For info just in case. I think I have sorted this problem, at least for the time being, by re installing the last version before the recent update. The good news is that it retained all of my settings and plugins. (fingers crossed). I will reject any further updates for a while. I should add that this is the first time that I have had a problem with a PS update.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back