Advertisement

ahphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.amandahutchinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey All – New to this forum but I’ve enjoyed surfing around and just wanted to throw out a quick question.

I am in a large market setting on the edge of West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky all within a few miles. I am looking for an awesome way to advertise, cheap if there is such a thing. I’ve sent out fliers to Churches, flower, dress, and tux shops and so on. I’ve been in business for a little over a year and it has been successful so far but I am looking to expand. Any tips? What have you found to be the quickest return and best business boosters?

Thanks for your help. :D

Hey All – New to this forum but I’ve enjoyed surfing around and just wanted to throw out a quick question.

I am in a large market setting on the edge of West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky all within a few miles. I am looking for an awesome way to advertise, cheap if there is such a thing. I’ve sent out fliers to Churches, flower, dress, and tux shops and so on. I’ve been in business for a little over a year and it has been successful so far but I am looking to expand. Any tips? What have you found to be the quickest return and best business boosters?

Thanks for your help. :D

See if you can get a local paper to do a story about you. It worked wonders for me. Don't neglect hanging ads in the local deli/supermarket. I have my website address on the back of my SUV and it has generated work, too. I always try to park at malls/supermarkets in such a way that the back of my vehicle is seen by the most people. ;)

If you've got a dedicated advertising budget to spend, I'd consider 8-sheet billboards. these billboards are 6' x 12' and usually you can buy enough of them to reach a certain percentage point of the market. photography is a visual medium, so are billboards. these should work hand in hand to effectively promote your business and gain top of the mind awareness.

I just finished a "mailer"

I made a postcard on photopaper (inkjet) with small samples of my work, my webaddress, phone number, and included a cupon. The back of the paper is where the address labels went, and I sent them to the more "well to do" zipcode in town.

It certainly wasn't the cheapest way to go about it, but the quality of the postcard was top shelf. I think it cost me just over $100 to mail 100 postcards. Yes, there are cheaper ways to advertise. ;)

Awesome - these are very helpful! Thank you very much. I have not yet set a budget but will set down to do so. Do you all think that newspaper ads are handy or a waste? :mrgreen:

Great - I do my own graphics after being in that business for about 6 years! I think I'm gonna look into prices for that. I am one that hates wasting money but I guess an investment like that is no waste. I've hand flyers and business cards done before using vistaprint.com - they run a lot of good sells and produce awesome products. I highly recommend them. I'm liking what I see with the site that hamster posted. Thank you all very much for the help! If you've got any other ideas I'm wide open to them.

Thank you much!

Number one rule is to consider your market. We publish a wedding mag that photographers eat up. Wyoming Tourism puts out a beautiful film and photography resource book that is very effective. I think that saving your pennies and advertising in publications specific to your photography will be most effective

Love & Bass

Awesome - these are very helpful! Thank you very much. I have not yet set a budget but will set down to do so. Do you all think that newspaper ads are handy or a waste? :mrgreen:

huge waste. newspaper advertising rates have steadily gone up, while readership/subscribers have gone down.

most people get their news from the internet, radio or TV these days..........newspaper readers tend to be an older demographic that are either on a fixed income or are retired.....they are NOT that prime demogrpahic that has children, has a healthy income and has money to spend.......

huge waste. newspaper advertising rates have steadily gone up, while readership/subscribers have gone down.

most people get their news from the internet, radio or TV these days..........newspaper readers tend to be an older demographic that are either on a fixed income or are retired.....they are NOT that prime demogrpahic that has children, has a healthy income and has money to spend.......

It depends on the location. We are very rural and our little newspaper has generated lots of business for us!

We just started carrying gift certificates, as well. :) It's great for people who do a sitting and then say they wish they could have more of the pictures (like they're hinting for you to give it to them for free) but can't afford it. I tell them that their family is certainly welcome to purchase some for them, or even buy a gift certificate that they can give to the moneyless person.

Hey now bud. The publishers I work with have had a stellar year and we plan on keeping that trend. I have been in the newspaper biz for years. Have to say that your post is only partly true. Sadly it is the part about rates going up and readership going down. Most people get their National and International news from the internet. Local news is still dependent on local publications. Pm me and we can discuss it further.

Check out the local rags. Most have a demographics survey done so you can figure out who the readers are. Also most papers also publish magazines and special sections. You may be able to find something more specific to the audience you want to reach.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back