Advice from Experienced Photographers Needed

The 5D mk II is almost the same quality as the 5D mk III. Spend a couple grand on a used body. No need to buy it brand new.

If you are like me and dont want to spend a small fortune. Canon EOS 3 + 50mm f/1.8. $350 Bam!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

3bayjunkie said:
The 5D mk II is almost the same quality as the 5D mk III. Spend a couple grand on a used body. No need to buy it brand new.

If you are like me and dont want to spend a small fortune. Canon EOS 3 + 50mm f/1.8. $350 Bam!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

If I get into film photography, I'll will look into that! Thanks.

cgipson1 said:
have you outgrown it? Have your skills exceeded what the camera is capable of delivering? It is not the camera that takes good photos.. it is you! If you don't have the skills, another body won't take any better photos than the one you have.

Valid point.

Sow what did you get?

5D markII or markIII, 135L, 50 1.4 or Sigma equivalent, one zoom say 24-70 even if it is Sigma or Tokina and you will be all fit for weddings or similar, i know one weddings photographer on the net, he is using 1 body or 2 not that expensive[Nikon], and using 3 lenses, i think 1 zoom and 2 primes, including 85mm, he has albums of arts.

I went with the 24-70mmL instead of upgrading my camera.

Okay so I have a Canon Rebel t3i and I am very happy with it. But, I don't think an entry level camera is going to cut it. I want to keep it because I'm a hoarder and I will justify keeping it by letting my friend use it as my second shooter at weddings. I feel like a need a better camera. I never use auto or any of the presets.. Just manual mode.

Now here is where I need advice.. And I'm going to have to save up for whatever route I decide to go. Which camera will suit my needs? I will be doing portraits, weddings, macro, nature, wildlife, and just random fun photography. I would like to stick with Canon. I don't need video because I have video on my t3i.

body: you have to choose FF body... mark II or mark III (i still did'nt test 6D) cropped sensor will be your disadvantage
lens:
for macro; my advice is, canon 100mm macro or 100mm macro L // for extra ordinary macro you can think about mp-e 65 (tokina 100mm macro also good, and tamron 90mm but i dont prefer canon image quality better) also you can think about using extention tube or Teleconverter with macro...
for portrait: 50mm f1.4 - 85mm f1.8 - 85mm f1.2 (50mm f1.8 cheaper but useful and results not bad)
for nature: 16-35 F2.8 L II (or first version -its cheaper than L-II) - 17-40 (its F4 i dont prefer this) and last one 14mm L II (or u can think about 3RD party lens like samyang or rokinon
for random photography : it depends on you actually, sometime i am using 70-200 IS-II sometime 24-70 sometime 85mm f1.2 it depends on my mood:)

I would have to agree with what was said above. Save for the faster glass (L lenses) and use them on the t3i, at the same time, be saving for the 5D III. Fast glass rules.

ronlane said:
I would have to agree with what was said above. Save for the faster glass (L lenses) and use them on the t3i, at the same time, be saving for the 5D III. Fast glass rules.

That's what I'm doing! :) This is an old thread. Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back