Advice, Plz help [t2i]

I just need another camera for filming.

nsteezyy said:
getting the t2i

Sigh.

Why did you buy your D90? Following your logic I'm surprised you didn't buy a video camera and only used the picture capture button on it.
What do you mean? I use my D90 Really often, Its just I take film now so I wont be using it as much, and D90 isnt quite good with recording due to no AF in LV.

And about the lens, but the lens as long the range as possible without being expensive, because of the low resolution, there's no difference between any sharper lens.
Yeah I kinda figured. I saw the reviews and some said the sigma wasn't any different to the stock 18-55

Im thinking of getting the t2i, but the thing is
should i get the 18-55 EF-s lens with the t2i body?
Or should i just get the T2i body, and then get a sigma 18-50mm 2.8?

And can you guys also recommend a few better lenses?

If you are using it for video, maybe check out this site instead.

Canon T2i / T3i "Fast Lens" difference?

I believe you will get a better answer there since that site gears towards video instead of photography.
Lol thanks, much appreciated.

Go with the T3i & the kit lens. The 17-50mm 2.8 is awesome for shooting in low light and a nice DOF but the near $600 price tag is a bit stiff.

you could also go for the t2i only and nab the Sigma 18-250 or the Tamron 18-270. Both are excellent lens and offer great quality shots with a nice range. Great for walking around or filming. Neither will blow the doors off the wall at night, but the high iso ability of the camera you can still shoot at night. If your planning to get the 50mm 1.8 you can definitely use that one at night with ease.

Photo cameras are designed to take photos, not videos. It might not matter all that much to you but most people buy video cameras for videography and photo cameras for photography.

Photo cameras are designed to take photos, not videos. It might not matter all that much to you but most people buy video cameras for videography and photo cameras for photography.

Photo cameras are a much cheaper option if you even want similar results with video cameras. That's why a lot of company have went the dSLR way instead of video camera way.

I just need another camera for filming.

Sigh.

Why did you buy your D90? Following your logic I'm surprised you didn't buy a video camera and only used the picture capture button on it.
What do you mean? I use my D90 Really often, Its just I take film now so I wont be using it as much, and D90 isnt quite good with recording due to no AF in LV.

Yeah I kinda figured. I saw the reviews and some said the sigma wasn't any different to the stock 18-55

Im thinking of getting the t2i, but the thing is
should i get the 18-55 EF-s lens with the t2i body?
Or should i just get the T2i body, and then get a sigma 18-50mm 2.8?

And can you guys also recommend a few better lenses?

I believe you will get a better answer there since that site gears towards video instead of photography.

Of course, the Sigma is sharper than the Nikon kit, but at 1080p (around 2 megapixels), you won't be able to see any difference in sharpness. Video don't really demand much from lens. Your best bet is to get the fastest lens and lens with the most zoom.

Go with the T3i & the kit lens. The 17-50mm 2.8 is awesome for shooting in low light and a nice DOF but the near $600 price tag is a bit stiff.

you could also go for the t2i only and nab the Sigma 18-250 or the Tamron 18-270. Both are excellent lens and offer great quality shots with a nice range. Great for walking around or filming. Neither will blow the doors off the wall at night, but the high iso ability of the camera you can still shoot at night. If your planning to get the 50mm 1.8 you can definitely use that one at night with ease.
Those lens look great but the price LOL.
My budget was around 800-850 so yeah

Sigh.

Of course, the Sigma is sharper than the Nikon kit, but at 1080p (around 2 megapixels), you won't be able to see any difference in sharpness. Video don't really demand much from lens. Your best bet is to get the fastest lens and lens with the most zoom.
So is the kit lens the best way to go? Or should i go for the sigma. But i mean the kit lens makes it around 100 bucks more,

You're not going to want to use AF while filming anyway... Unless you're going to replace the audio.

But I agree, Canon has better video support.

Photo cameras are a much cheaper option if you even want similar results with video cameras. That's why a lot of company have went the dSLR way instead of video camera way.

This is what the folks from Magic Lantern said.

================================================== ===========================
These cameras are "game changing" for independent film makers:
  • It allows the use of a wide range of lenses (anything that can be adapted to the EF mount).
  • The 5D's 35mm full-frame sensor is larger than the RED ONE's sensor, Super 35 film. It is approximately the size of VistaVision. This means shallower native depth-of-field than anything on the market, except for the Phantom 65.
  • The dynamic range and latitude are close to the capabilities of high-end HD cameras.
  • The [video=vimeo;6602274]http://vimeo.com/6602274[/video] is currently unrivaled, even by the RED ONE.
================================================== ===========================

Most reactions

New Topics

Back