Albuquerque Volcanoes

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of shots I finally dragged myself out of bed for...
These are Albuquerque's 5 dormant volcanoes shot from two different locations.

13718-volcanoes2.jpg

13718-volcanoes1.jpg

*You may comment however you wish* :sexywink:

(For some reason they're a bit darker saved for the web than I view in CS3, do I need to convert the profile before saving this way, or is there something else I'm missing?)

Love the Red Dwarf quote :lol:

Prefer the first myself, perhaps with a little work on the contrast in the foreground.

I too prefer the first shot. I like how the clouds draw one's eye into the shot, then the line of electrical poles draws one's eye through the shot. Really like how you composed it. :thumbup:

Love the Red Dwarf quote :lol:

Prefer the first myself, perhaps with a little work on the contrast in the foreground.

:lol: I thought it was fitting with the attitude around here recently.

Would you care to take a crack at it? And is the 2nd one worth messing with?

I too prefer the first shot. I like how the clouds draw one's eye into the shot, then the line of electrical poles draws one's eye through the shot. Really like how you composed it. :thumbup:

Thank you Anty. :)

i like the second one. looks pretty there.

The first one is great, it displays the expanse of the land and makes you feel as though there is great depth in your landscape ie covering a long expanse. Your clouds also flow with the landscape and powerlines. I would consider it harmonious. The second one, on the other hand, when looking at it the eye focuses on the emptiness in the sky, there is no flow with the clouds in regards to the landscape, and there is not much of a focus. As an observer I don't know whether to look along the landscape to get a feel of the breadth of the landscape or to go verticle and picture depth. If you could somehow distinguish a focal aspect from this picture it would work better. IMO Good luck

2nd shot for me and I love the borders

Most reactions

New Topics

Back