Almost abstract soccer photo...

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
10---2003-837_RS.jpg

if your trying to sell a light poll it would be a great photo. The poll totally dominates the picture, and if your subject was the players, you lost it.

I like it. I find the scale rather humbling (in an almost abstract kinda way). Cropping through the light doesn't seem like much of an option so... why not. I only wish the soccer ball made it into the shot.

Very nice shot with the pole, the lighting effect is great. I do understand the comment about losing the focus of the players, perhaps with it cropped it would be a very dramatic picture of the game.

The first frame borders on "decisive moment"! The blue players are in position, and the yellow ref really draws my interest. The field lights give a strong scale to the whole photo. Why are we looking at the player's back in the "conventional" shot?

craig said:
The first frame borders on "decisive moment"! The blue players are in position, and the yellow ref really draws my interest. The field lights give a strong scale to the whole photo.

Yeahhh, that's what I couldn't find the words to explain. I wanted to show that scale in the first one! :D

Why are we looking at the player's back in the "conventional" shot?

I just thought it was an interesting shot of a throw-in. Different perspective at least. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back