An old Morris

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been beggin this guy to let me take this baby someplace deisent to photograph it and he keeps telling me "wait till I get it done" "wait till I get it done"....Ah the waiting is killing me.

Taken with Canon FD 135 2.5 on Canon EF, ASA 400
210549_021_RA400_04_09_1.jpg

Bigger here

Last edited:
...Nothing at all. I know it's nothing more than a snapshot of a car I have been looking to get an honest session with, but I expected atleast something :(

Not much to say about the picture. The background is distracting, but as you said yourself it is just a snapshot of a car. As for the car, it is not a Morris but an MG (at least that's what it is in Europe; they might have a different name on the other side of the pond).

...Nothing at all. I know it's nothing more than a snapshot of a car I have been looking to get an honest session with, but I expected atleast something :(

well, there's not much to say, since it's not a particular or artistic picture.

it's just a picture of a car, like we can see in ads.

Now if I had to say something, it'd be:

catch the opportunity. There's the car, along the sidewalk, you really want to do it justice by taking great photos of it but you can't take it yet and you have to wait.

but

you can still *try*. try and get the best possible picture even tho the conditions are difficult. it'll train your eye and then you'll be able to feel comfortable even in the worst situations.

that's actually a field I'm very weak in myself, so that's what I would do, because that's what I actually do.

I decide when I go out, to go to difficult places (i.e. places where it's difficult to take a good picture due to the environnement, cars, other distracting objects, people etc...) and I try and get the best shots I can, I look for new angles, I try to see stuff that I'm not used to see.

it doesn't allways work, but whenever it does, it's something you learn and get better at.

a few examples of pictures in conditions I'm not comfortable with (distractive elements, unable to move the subjects)

meeting_anciennes-237-Modifier.jpg

meeting_anciennes-94-Modifier.jpg

nur-3108-9-sur-322-Modifier.jpg

of course it's easier to take pictures in a controlled environnement, but here's what I'm thinking

"there's probably someone out there who can take a great picture out of this, so I can probably do it as well"

Not much to say about the picture. The background is distracting, but as you said yourself it is just a snapshot of a car. As for the car, it is not a Morris but an MG (at least that's what it is in Europe; they might have a different name on the other side of the pond).

It is an MG, but Last I checked MG was an aberieviation for Morris Garadges, I hadn't really thought about cars released by the the parent company when I posted that. That is my mistake...but then again a Title that said an old MG was destin to fail anyway

well, there's not much to say, since it's not a particular or artistic picture.

it's just a picture of a car, like we can see in ads.

Now if I had to say something, it'd be:

catch the opportunity. There's the car, along the sidewalk, you really want to do it justice by taking great photos of it but you can't take it yet and you have to wait.

but

you can still *try*. try and get the best possible picture even tho the conditions are difficult. it'll train your eye and then you'll be able to feel comfortable even in the worst situations.

that's actually a field I'm very weak in myself, so that's what I would do, because that's what I actually do.

I decide when I go out, to go to difficult places (i.e. places where it's difficult to take a good picture due to the environnement, cars, other distracting objects, people etc...) and I try and get the best shots I can, I look for new angles, I try to see stuff that I'm not used to see.

it doesn't allways work, but whenever it does, it's something you learn and get better at.

a few examples of pictures in conditions I'm not comfortable with (distractive elements, unable to move the subjects)

[IMG - pulled for space]

[IMG - pulled for space]

[IMG - pulled for space]

of course it's easier to take pictures in a controlled environnement, but here's what I'm thinking

"there's probably someone out there who can take a great picture out of this, so I can probably do it as well"

Yeah, I actually do and have a few that I would call acceptable from it, I guess this one is just not going to be one of them.

Main street
Old Times (1/2) by Battou - Photo Lucidity

A church parking lot
Corvette by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Mall Parking lot
Viper by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Side street
Oldsmobile, 1954 by Battou - Photo Lucidity

as well as a few failures

Memorial day parade
SPD by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Gas station
Belair 1955 by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Another side street
Dodge Hemi GTX Ram by Battou - Photo Lucidity

There are many more failures but I should just stop there....

Then of course there is this one...whitch is a true snapshot, I litterally lifted my birding equipment and pulled the trigger.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/132959-ferrari.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back