Anniversary coming up... Which camera would you bring?

Select one...

• D7000 (DSLR)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • P7000 (Advanced P&S)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Light Artisan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure where we are going yet (somewhere warm hopefully).

Anyway, I'm undecided which camera to bring - my D7000 or my P7000.

My gut is telling me to take the smaller, more convenient P7000 but the photographer in me is saying the D7000.

Both are quite capable, just curious which you would bring in this situation.

If I bring the P7000 I'd also bring the SB-400 flash.

Haha, 5 year... She's cool with it, no worries there - she's used to having live-in papparazzi. :lol:

I guess for me it would depend on where you're going, and what you'll be doing there.

Something you can just stick in your pocket certainly has it's advantages though...

The photographer in me is also saying bring the D7000, lol.

P7000 and a flash.

Why not take both? The P7000 fits in a (large) pocket doesn't it? :)

Couldn't vote because I would definitely take both.

If i bring the D7000 that just adds so much bulk because I'd want to bring all my lenses, at least one flash, etc, etc, etc.

If I bring the P7000 you just know there's going to be at least one moment where I wished I brought the D7000, but would have I have the D7000 with me even?

Bah... I should just bring my iPhone and be done with it. :lol:

Lies.

you know you could cut down to d7k body, 3 lenses (1 wide zoom, 1 mid prime and 1 telephoto zoom) and the p7k (it's smaller than a 4th lens). And wear a big coat on the way there :lol:.

:lol:

True, true... you know, what's actually not a half bad idea - just tuck the P7000 in the camera bag.

In the past I've always brought my DSLR, and now that I have the R-Strap it would be even more convenient for walking around.

That said, I'm not sure how much the P7000 can't handle at least good enough to capture the moments.

I've started a little P7000 photo blog and I've been quite happy with its performance.
http://p7000.lightartisan.com

Last edited:
I found this site because I have exactly the same question, well close, I still have the D90. I am heading to China on business, but will have a day to go shoot. I am thinking bring the D90 for that day and keep the P7000 with me otherwise. I love the R-Strap for my D90 and I bought a Gordy's Camera Strap for the P7000. I think this will work well, though leaving the D90 home would make carrying-on much lighter.
Matt

Most reactions

Back