Another angle - Wisconsin State Capitol Building

looks like a bit of pincushion distortion you could even out.

Braineack said:

Yeah, maybe so...the shape of the building left and right bug me a bit, but not all 'that" much. But otherwise, really a pretty nice scene you captured. I also liked the horizontal B&W that I saw yesterday, but which has already slipped off into TPF's back pages; on the horizontal B&W shot from yesterday, I thought you had the camera set up pretty well as far as plumb and alignment. I'm older, so to me, I can and do overlook a LOT of distortion of things, but in the Photoshop era, there are folks who expect perfect corrections of even the most minor distortions,etc.,etc.. Not throwing shade at anybody: I can handle a horizon that is .004 percent un-level, etc.. But these days there's so much emphasis on distortion correction etc..

Thanks for the comment. I THOUGHT I had applied the profile correction which usually corrects that nicely, but perhaps I forgot. There are also complex compound angles as play as the shoreline gets closer to me from one side of the frame to the other and the buildings are not square to me, either. They are actually on about a 30-40 degree angle, falling away from me from the center of the image. It all makes for some weird competing lines that no amount of perspective correction can completely fix.

Braineack said:

Yeah, maybe so...the shape of the building left and right bug me a bit, but not all 'that" much. But otherwise, really a pretty nice scene you captured. I also liked the horizontal B&W that I saw yesterday, but which has already slipped off into TPF's back pages; on the horizontal B&W shot from yesterday, I thought you had the camera set up pretty well as far as plumb and alignment. I'm older, so to me, I can and do overlook a LOT of distortion of things, but in the Photoshop era, there are folks who expect perfect corrections of even the most minor distortions,etc.,etc.. Not throwing shade at anybody: I can handle a horizon that is .004 percent un-level, etc.. But these days there's so much emphasis on distortion correction etc..

Thanks Darrel, I appreciate the comments. That B&W originally suffered from quite a bit of perspective distortion, but cleaned up nicely with the assistance of LR. I know what you mean about little tolerance, but at the same time I'm always open to critiques, no matter how small of a percent they represent!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back