another b/w

Marsha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.route7studio.com
i tried to soften the shadow behind him a bit in ps, but i know there's still some issues. any suggestions?

Wiebe_0097_46w.jpg

Nots sure if the black on black works for me. It totally trips my eye out and makes it look like you digitally cut him out and pasted him on the black and then added a drop shadow.

Tough call though I wish I had more experience with studio portraits so I could help you out with some better advise.

SLOShooter said:
Nots sure if the black on black works for me. It totally trips my eye out and makes it look like you digitally cut him out and pasted him on the black and then added a drop shadow.

Tough call though I wish I had more experience with studio portraits so I could help you out with some better advise.

actually, i do have some with no shirt... just the expression wasn't that great... i'll look again and see what i have.

How close is he standing to your backdrop. It looks like he may have been to close. The tonal range on his shirt and the drop look to consistant. If he is really close try and bring him forward and hit him and the backdrop with a setup that keeps shadows down and the backdrop illuminated enough to show its own detail. If you have to shoot him on a black drop illuminate him and the backdrop seperatily to create differant values in the black back drop and his shirt. It looks like hes to close so the same amount of light is hitting him and the drop making it look like they are blending into each other.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back