Another Canadian Veteran - The Veteran's Portrait Project continues...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Major-General Herb Pitts, MC, CD, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (Airborne) (Ret'd)
Pitts.jpg

Excellent portrait. The drum is a bit of a distraction to me but at the same time differentiates it from the routine.

Nicely done, as always. He must have some stories to tell ...

I don't think there is a series of photos I have enjoyed more than your Veterans' Project, John. Well done, classic photography and I never get tired of looking at these older folks and wondering about their stories.

There is a saying, "When an old man dies, an entire library burns to the ground." These photos, imo, help to keep their stories alive.

Excellent portrait. The drum is a bit of a distraction to me but at the same time differentiates it from the routine.
Thanks - on reflection, I may burn the drum in a bit more; I agree it's a little too noticeable, but it's an important element.

Nicely done, as always. He must have some stories to tell ...
Thanks, and yes he does. Joined the army in '48, jumped in Korea...

I don't think there is a series of photos I have enjoyed more than your Veterans' Project, John. Well done, classic photography and I never get tired of looking at these older folks and wondering about their stories.

There is a saying, "When an old man dies, an entire library burns to the ground." These photos, imo, help to keep their stories alive.
Wow, thank-you Sharon! Talking to these folks is definitely the best part of the project. Makes you really, really, REALLY grateful for how good we have life now!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back