Any Black Friday photo ops? Post all here.. Black Friday defined..

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone found a “Photo-op” out of this year’s “Black Friday” yet? - Just thought of all the bargain hunters out there in the un-Godly hours of the morning, and that it may provide some unusual shots.... or not. = If you have some, I’d love to see them.... Post away..

Can’t forget that this is an ‘International Forum’, and perhaps some friends from other countries don’t’ really know what Black Friday is, so here’s a brief synopsis...​

The morning following Thanksgiving, (A National holiday where Americans give thanks for the creation of Cranberry Gel compound, American Football, and Sweat pants with elastic waists..) - Stores open up early with the intent of providing America with the opportunity to purchase that one item that they can’t live without, at a bargain that can’t be beat. I mean, the deals are too good to resist! Stores open up as early as 3:00AM for these deals, and the public gets up early - attempting to shake off the Tryptophan overdose effects - to get their Laptop Computer for $50 bucks !!!!:headbang: Yup - If you were in America, you can get a $50 computer, a Toaster for $3, Blue Ray DVD’s for $5, ANY SIZE Bed-in-a-Bag for only $49.99, and - at one store for sure - if you buy 3 pairs of shoes, you can save up to 60% off !!! At least, that’s true if you believe the newspaper Ad’s..​

Big Bang, an electronic super-store here, will promote, say, that $50 computer. What they don’t’ tell you is that they only have 2. TWO in the entire store - and those are in the very back of the store, hidden under the counter in the Hand Held GPS Unit section - ( 50% off ).. People will get up at 1:00 in the morning, get dressed and run out to the closed store, and actually bring their camp chairs, blankets, radios, coffee, coffee maker, TV, and their pets - just to be the first in line to get a $50 computer for Christmas, for the 3;00 AM opening! At 3;00 the clerks open the doors and attempt to get out of the way of the pushing, shoving, hitting, stabbing, beating, and running crowd, - to get their $50 computer. Of course, those first in line have already done their reconn, mapping out just exactly how many steps they’ll have to run, and how many 90 degree turns around the isles, to get that LCD TV, Blue Ray player, IPod, Printer, and ..... that $50 laptop computer.. What they don’t’ know is that the store has moved all of the sale items overnight to different and unusual locations throughout the store.. :gah:This, to ensure that you absolutely see EVERYTHING in the store in hopes you’ll buy more than just that ..... $50 computer before you leave the store. They also, have never told anyone that there are only 2 of those $50 computers... TWO total - to be found, and split between the 300 people in line outside the store... Well, the end result is that one person who sauntered over to the Hand Held GPS section ( 50% off ) and avoided the crowd that was pushing, shoving, hitting, in the main isles, and pined over the possibility of getting an authentic leather carrying case for his Garmin Vista GPS, somehow walked out of that store with - are you ready... a $50 Yamacrunchi 8“ Laptop Computer with 1GB SDRAM, a 50GB Hard Drive, a slot where you can purchase and install a DVD player, 1 USB slot = and .... battery extra. - another Black Friday success story..​

That said, it’s 4:00AM right now, and I’m awake.. I couldn’t get back to sleep after my wife set the alarm for 3:00, got up, got dressed, made the coffee, and ........ left.​

I had to get up - dog had to pee, and I was’nt tired anyway after that commotion .. While pouring myself my first cup of coffee, I noticed that we could probable use another toaster.. I’m gonna call her and see if she’s anywhere near those $3 ones... Oh hell, maybe I’ll just get dressed and meet her in the ‘Small electronic” section .. just to see if they still have any left..​

If I'm lucky, I might be able to find a $50 lens....​

Rick​

​

:lmao:

... and then there are those of us who have to work on Black Friday rather than have the fun of getting trampled ...

And then there are those of us who don't find Black Friday deals to be good anymore and also do not wish to be part of first couple hundred to run full speed into the store, grabbing the things you want and running to the cash registers to get out of that store as fast as possible to be able to drive like a maniac to the next store to do the same thing, and so on and so forth.

I want Black Friday shopping many years ago with some friends. Went to Best Buy at midnight and there were already ~100 people in line. Store doors opened at 6, I watched people run FULL speed (not jog or speed walk, literally running as fast as they could) to the items they wanted. I wasn't there for anything special, I just wanted to go, so I took my time, walked around, and looked at what movies were on sale. Within about a half hour, the line was wrapped around the entire outside perimeter of the store on the inside. Luckily, my friend found me and he had already been in line and was almost to the registers so I snuck in past 500+ people.

I have no desire to be part of that anymore whatsoever. But it would be interesting if you could ask store managers if you could be inside when the rush started to take pictures. I never even thought of that. I might do that next year. Or ask if I can go on their roof with supervision to take pictures of how freaking jam packed the parking lots are and how ridiculous lines are.

Most reactions

Back