Anybody else receive this PM today?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Idaho21, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Idaho21

Idaho21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I received this PM today. Anybody else get the same thing?

2. Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nope, but I'd send him my bank info to see if he's legit.

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Got a similar one a while back, not identical, but simlar.

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  5. Idaho21

Idaho21 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was just curious if anybody else had gotten this. I figured right away that it is some sort of a scam.

6. saycheese76

saycheese76 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1]That's nothing. I got this one last week. Is this guy on the level?

It is with heart full of hope and gods wish that I write to seek your help in the context below. I am Mr. Claudio Kabila, the second son of the late Laurent Kabila Former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C) whose sudden death occurred in January 2001. Having gotten your particulars from my late father's library, I have no doubt to your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of one Nikon D3X willed and deposited in the favor of myself and my mother who is the second wife of the late president. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] This camera is currently kept in a trust deposit vault with a B&H Photo here in (DUBAI) However, the new Government headed by my step brother Joseph has on assumption of office setup an inquiry to recover all the F2.8 lenses belonging to my late dad including primes and telephoto with the pretense of safe-keeping, but with actual intention of personal inheritance. All this because we are from a polygamous family.(He shoots Canon) The investigation team has submitted their report, presently some pocket wizzards have been seized. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Fortunately, I managed to escape from the country,and with the help of our lawyer, I am presently living as a refugee here until I succeed in the transaction and due to the situation of things our lawyer has strictly advised that the willed camera be urgently moved into an over-seas studio of a trusted Foreign family friend without delay for security reasons. I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call (SOS) to save my entire family and me from a hopeless future, devoid of full-frame sensors. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I hereby agree to compensate your sincere effort in this regard with a Flickr PRO account. The attorney here has perfected arrangements with Scott Kelby to effect complete enrollment in Photoshop classes within a week of the receipt of your response through telephone and fax. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk free and smooth transfer. reply me via e-mail: camera@ripadudeoff.com[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Best Wishes
    Mr. Claudio Kabila , [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I look forward to your quick response. May God bless you for your kindness. [/SIZE][/FONT]

7. FrankLamont

FrankLamont TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Aha!

That's rather pathetic.

8. DavidElliot

DavidElliot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i emailed that dude and he stole my entire life's savings! :grumpy:

9. pongerts

pongerts TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    HAAH! There isn't even a B&H here in UAE! :) if there was, then I would have been buying stuff from them already! heheheh!

10. SrBiscuit

SrBiscuit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lol: