anyone else want a CLS button?

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i kind of do.

i came to the conclusion last night that there should be a direct CLS button on nikon cameras (...that support CLS). yeah, i could use an sb-800 to command, but only if it's on camera. and when it's not, i have to dick around in the menus for half an hour to adjust settings. seems like that's the only reason i see the menu these days. i wish i could press or hold a button that would bring up CLS (only) and allow changes.

it's not really a problem, just a minor inconvenience.. anyone else thought of this?

in the long run, i suppose an su-800 would be even better.

oh man, after thinking about this a little. for a whopping 30 seconds..

it could be a firmware update. function button >> CLS

That would be nice. But it would have to trigger the menus anyway so you can change your channels.

yeah, but, you know when you go into the channel menu, after you select your flash mode? the direct cls button should just bring that up allowing you adjust power and select channels. the mode would still be in the shooting menu, as it doesn't need any adjustment.

like i say, it would be best as a custom function, as not all use cls that much.

i kind of do.

i came to the conclusion last night that there should be a direct CLS button on nikon cameras (...that support CLS). yeah, i could use an sb-800 to command, but only if it's on camera. and when it's not, i have to dick around in the menus for half an hour to adjust settings. seems like that's the only reason i see the menu these days. i wish i could press or hold a button that would bring up CLS (only) and allow changes.

it's not really a problem, just a minor inconvenience.. anyone else thought of this?

in the long run, i suppose an su-800 would be even better.

There are already too many damned buttons on cameras.

There are already too many damned buttons on cameras.

well, i guess it would really would best as a custom function applied to the function button.

I've long been an advocate for TWO function buttons. I never use the DOF preview button on my D80. Make that function button #2. And expanding what you can have the FUNC buttons do would always be good too. To the OP - if you setup My Menus you can have the flash setup in there. I trim my custom menu setups to only one page so that I never have to scroll. I wish you could re-order things in that too.

I like these CLS buttons better ;-)

ag_07cls550_startstopbutton.jpg

exactly, leading to sales of the SU-800. ;)

i'm trying to look into how many units sell per year, but i can't find anything. my guess is that a decline in su-800 sales wouldn't hurt the corporation very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back