AP Studio Art Photography

minkster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Mike and I'm new to the forums. I'm currently a senior in highschool and got into photography this year. My art teacher says I have a nack for photography, and I was just wondering what you guys think of them. Heres some samples of my work:

adrianneonline.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

i think there all awesome shots. nice work man and welcome to the site. any questions dont be afraid to shout em.

Thanks a lot! And I wont be afraid to ask any questions..I am pretty new to this stuff, but I do have some experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop. I have more work too, but I will post it at another time.

great. see i have lots of experience with photography but new to photoshop i have photoshop 9.0 cs2 if u got any good tutorials on the so called fake HDR or anything in general please share.

The first one could be a really fantastic shot with better processing.

The second is really nice.

The third is too out of focus.

The fourth and fifth are good DOF experiments but otherwise pretty mundane.

The last one doesn't do anything for me.

nice shots

Nice work, I agree with MaxBloom.. other than that you are on the right road to being a great photographer :)

Thanks for the nice comments and critique :eek:) Just to clear up a few things..the photos are the original raw ones just resized and watermarked. I haven't done anything to them in photoshop, but I would like to tweak them to make them look better. I'm also not using a film camera or an DSLR to take these shots. They are actually from my Sony HDD Handicam video camera, the HDR-SR1 Model

If you guys know of any good guides for Photoshop and photography, that would be great (I'll probably search around on google)

@MaxBloom: The first shot is actually my favorite one.... I was just wondering what you mean by better processing? Could that be done through photoshop? (sorry I'm still new to all this)
I really appreciate the rest of your feedback and will use that to my advantage with more of my shots.

Given that all of these are straight outa camera, I'm impressed! There's some cool stuff here, for sure. My favorite is number two, but the fifth is pretty cool too.

Is it that you have Photoshop already, and you just don't know how to use it? If that's the case, then yes, start Googling! There are tons of tutorials out there on the net. There are some good books, too. You should definitely check that stuff out (and yes, by "processing" the first one, MaxBloom is reffering to post-capture editing, in Photoshop or some other program. And I totally agree with him, you could make a good picture great with some tweaking). What do you use to convert your RAW files?

Anyway, nice start, and welcome to the forums!

Yeah Mike, I do see similarity in both of our styles. I like your photos a lot!
They are all lovely shots, but #3 really speaks to me.

Given that all of these are straight outa camera, I'm impressed! There's some cool stuff here, for sure. My favorite is number two, but the fifth is pretty cool too.

Is it that you have Photoshop already, and you just don't know how to use it? If that's the case, then yes, start Googling! There are tons of tutorials out there on the net. There are some good books, too. You should definitely check that stuff out (and yes, by "processing" the first one, MaxBloom is reffering to post-capture editing, in Photoshop or some other program. And I totally agree with him, you could make a good picture great with some tweaking). What do you use to convert your RAW files?

Anyway, nice start, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks! When I printed them out on glossy paper, the photos really came out great. And surprisingly the shots only contain 3.0 megapixels. I believe its the CMOS censor in my video camera that makes the pictures look so colorful and vibrant.

I know how to use Photoshop, but I just use it sparingly. I will definitely look up stuff on google, but if you guys have any good guides posted, then send it to me in a PM.

The files don't come in the RAW format off my camera, they are just high resolution JPEGs that I resize in Photoshop and watermark them.

And thanks for the welcoming..I'm really liking this forum a lot, you guys are great :)

Yeah Mike, I do see similarity in both of our styles. I like your photos a lot!
They are all lovely shots, but #3 really speaks to me.

Yeah I really enjoyed your shots, you do a great job with them! Glad you like my work too ;)

In what sense do you know how to use photoshop? The reason I ask is that a lot of people use PS for graphic design, and the workflow for post-processing a photograph is very different. It generally utilizes an entirely different subset of tools and heavily emphasizes the precision of adjustment layers.

I just know how to use some of the basics. I understand how to use the layering and how you can adjust the transparency on layers,cloning tool, healing brush, etc. I don't know much, but I have used it to create a DVD cover and I have airbrushed a couple photo's. I haven't used photoshop for graphic design or post processing. When I said I had experience in photoshop, I meant that I have used it a couple times. I'm not a professional with the program at all.

EDIT: I forgot that I posted a thread of an image I airbrushed in this thread:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99527

That is one of the few things I know how to do in Photoshop..but I definitely want to learn more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back