Apple's Aperture vs. Adobe's Lightroom

A

astrostu

Macworld just posted a 5-page article comparing the two for those interested: Article Here.

Since I'm getting a new computer soon (and my current ones aren't good enough to use either), this article sure helped me decide which to get.

I'd go for Bibble by Bibble Labs! :)

OK, I am biased... but that is what I am using for quite a while now ... pretty happy with it.

Macworld just posted a 5-page article comparing the two for those interested: Article Here.

Since I'm getting a new computer soon (and my current ones aren't good enough to use either), this article sure helped me decide which to get.

so which one are you going with?

I've used both, and I prefer LR over Aperture.

Both have their strengths and weakneses. The thing I long for in aperture is using curves, maybey in an update :(

I prefer apertures layout and backup sets. When I was using the lightroom demo they couldn't referance any sort of backups. With aperture I can burn a dvd that says Disc 0001 or even 04-14-06 and stash it in a cd folder. Aperture keeps a jpeg preview (you can adjust size and or quality) that you can browse through and look at. If you need your master, it will say located on Dvd 001 or DVD 04-14-06, pop it in and your in business.

As lightroom does, you can send a version to photoshop edit and save and then it sends it back to aperture to manage.

Also the auto uploader to flickr, istock, getty, is really handy and saves time.

I have toyed with LR, Aperture, and Bibble. I really enjoy using LR because I have have used Adobe products for quite some time. I find that it comes more naturally for me. The one thing that I do like about Bibble is that you can shoot tethered with it. LR and Aperture do not have that feature.

Most reactions

Back