Are there any Stock photo agents for old ww2 photos?

eriksen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have over 200 photos which were taken by a german officer who settled in my country after the war. Are there any agents who are better than other regarding sale of such photos?

What country, how did you acquire the photographs, what is the general content of the photographs, and do you now own copyright to the photographs?

Plus, that's not how stock photo agencies work these days.
There are no agents that seek out potential buyers that might buy stock photos.
And stock agencies only sell photo usage, they don't sell the photos, so the copyright owner/holder can sell usage of the same photo many, many times.

Are you wanting to sell the copyrights?

Might the historical value of these not exceed the monetary? Have you considered donating them to a museum? For instance, the Imperial War Museum has an outstanding digital photo archive, and yours might well add to it.

What country, how did you acquire the photographs, what is the general content of the photographs, and do you now own copyright to the photographs?

Plus, that's not how stock photo agencies work these days.
There are no agents that seek out potential buyers that might buy stock photos.
And stock agencies only sell photo usage, they don't sell the photos, so the copyright owner/holder can sell usage of the same photo many, many times.

Are you wanting to sell the copyrights?
I live in Norway and bought some original copies from one of the officer´s family members. I can make digital images from these and sell them throug agents. I don´t know if the negatives still exist or if they have been trashed.

Sorry. I am not familiar with the copyright laws of Norway.
Because of copyright law, you may not be able to legally make digital copies of the photographs you bought, and may not legally sell those copies to anyone.
Check with an attorney familiar with the copyright and publication laws in Norway.

Yes, KmH is right. Owning the prints or negatives doesn't mean you own the copyright.
If, however, the copyright expired or was transferred to you, then Alamy might be a good place to offer them as "Rights Managed" (not RF). Alamy is non-exclusive, so you could offer them at other agencies as well.
As Keith wrote, getting advice from a Norwegian copyright lawyer is highly recommended to make sure you have the right to offer them in the first place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back