Are there some people you just can't get decent pictures of?

yea sorry! I guess that it is closer up I now see it looks like she is missing one of her boobs. This shot will be DELETED. Actually it is already gone. I hate it.

This one is not so bad!

40552_106473659410365_100001431947276_58781_2339651_n.jpg

If I was gonna shoot during the middle of the day I would definitely try to shoot in some shade......The shots under the tree arent so bad:thumbup:

I just have to say... She looks beat... Might you have shot this at a time a little later in the day and after she had a nice nap. A shower and a hair brushing with a touch of make-up would also help. The shirt is all wrong... Her little bit of fat sticking out of the shirts arm hole is not the most pleasing thing. You can't take a great photo of someone who doesn't want a great photo of them taken.

I am not trying to put the woman down... My wife was just pregnant and I know she wasn't at her best most of the time but she did do a little "Dolling Up" when it was time to shoot her baby bump photos.

Also, you might want to do a little pp on her... You could do a lot with her skin.

1st of all.. I know nothing of the symptoms of pregnancy vs. someone just having a stomach because I have always been, am, and will always be disinterested in producing spawn of my own as a result of an intense phobia and a strong dislike for children. That intense phobia also prevents me from overanalyzing pregnant women or talking about ANYTHING pregnancy related in detail in order to prevent me from having to take a quick run to the bathroom before vomit ends up all over the floor. So sorry if I didn't pick up on the swollen ankles, tired look, and know women who find it offensive when you just automatically assume their pregnant. :er:

That being said.......

Just because a woman is pregnant doesn't mean she can't dress flatteringly.

You're my hero.

Mine as well! Hahaha :lmao:

Are there some people you just can't get decent pictures of?

No, there isn't such a thing. There is always a good portrait hidden in every person. You just have to experiment and find it :)

Simply this: it's probably not the best time to be doing her portrait, and the clothing is awful.

I agree, if she's not willing to spruce herself up, there's only so much you can do. She looks... annoyed... which I can understand being SO ready to pop! BUT! maybe if you could get a joke in there and make her really laugh it'd be a nice capture, but otherwise the "don't really want to be here" look is really kind of shining through. Maybe you should just ask her if she wants to do some pics after she's done with the baby delivering...

Doing quality portrature on location, is a lot more involved than just pointing the camera and accepting whatever light happens to be available.

A photographer needs to be able to accomodate the client's schedule, within the context of the photographers other commitments.

If that means shooting at mid-day, it is the photographers responsibility to have the tools and knowledge necessary to make quality images, regardless.

The photographer is responsible for knowing how to pose the client to minimize any issues with the client's features, body type, and general demeanor.

she's squinting and looks tense in all of them...if you can't get someone comfortable it shows...sometimes when a person doesn't feel their best they worry too much... try using music or something that makes them feel good and relaxed...if you play someones fav music they can't help but go with the beat and relax :smileys:

and petraio prime...i think the photo you posted the links too were not the regular "pretty pictures" but they have an artistic edge that make them work for me...

and petraio prime...i think the photo you posted the links too were not the regular "pretty pictures" but they have an artistic edge that make them work for me...

But those mustaches!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back