Are you a Canon or a Nikon? And why?

Michiyo-Fir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a Nikon person and have always been. I like the way it feels in my hand, I like where all the buttons are and I love how it looks. I guess it's because my family have always used Nikons since my grandfather's generation and he's a darn good photographer!

What is your preference? and why? Have you switched before? For what reason?

There is a search function, this thread has turn into a Fanboy war many a times before. Please just search instead of asking.

This thread needs shut down, imo.

/thread

I'm not asking people to fight each other on why they like one or another. I just want people's opinions on why they like what they're using. What's wrong with that?

I'm not saying it's Canon VS Nikon. I respect what you use personally and I want to know the good points of what you have and why you chose it.

I'm not asking people to fight each other on why they like one or another. I just want people's opinions on why they like what they're using. What's wrong with that?

I'm not saying it's Canon VS Nikon. I respect what you use personally and I want to know the good points of what you have and why you chose it.

And in a perfect world we would be capable of that, but we aren't. Are you new to the internet? We all might as well be children as squabbles are all to frequent.

But to answer your question, some like nikon some like canon. That is IT. They are both great. It is like asking which is better the color black or blue.

Pointless.

I'm Canon, because I prefer red over yellow. And I don't like the letter "N" much, either...

But we all know that black is better than blue, just like Canon is better than Nikon. :lmao:

first reason i like nikon its because i had a ****in good deal on a nikon d60 (my first dslr) then i bought some nikon gear, switching to canon never crossed my mind since i had all that stuff..... simple as that, both are capable of produicing quality image.

afterward, i had the chance to play with some canon bodys and they felt a little cheap to me and the nikon was still feeling better in my hands. anyway, buy something you like, something your comfortable working with.

Knowing what I have learned in the last few months, I can easily say...................Nikon or Canon is the best between the two.

I agree that this kind of question finds it's way downhill every time, just like water.

can·on 1 (knn)
n.
1. An ecclesiastical law or code of laws established by a church council.
2. A secular law, rule, or code of law.
a. An established principle: the canons of polite society.
b. A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion.
4. The books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture.
a. A group of literary works that are generally accepted as representing a field: "the durable canon of American short fiction" (William Styron).
b. The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Shakespeare canon.
6. Canon The part of the Mass beginning after the Preface and Sanctus and ending just before the Lord's Prayer.
7. The calendar of saints accepted by the Roman Catholic Church.
8. Music A composition or passage in which a melody is imitated by one or more voices at fixed intervals of pitch and time.

Dictionary!

Canon - I didn't even go as far as holding a nikon to try it out simply because there was not point for me to do so.

Let me elaborate - I approached photography with an objective to achive - an idea of the kinds of subjects that I wanted to be able to shoot and thus I was able to ask for advice on comparativly how well each company performend against the other.
For myself this approach was wildlife and nature photography and at the time (a good two years or more ago) things were pretty easy to work out, canon was mostly on top with camera bodies, nikon were good don't get me wrong but there wasn't much between them. Furthermore one key thing for wildlife was longer lenses and when it came to that canon had two advantages. The first was that most of their longer lenses tend to be cheaper than nikons and the second is that canon has a wider range of middle weight lenses on offer for the more modest budget (the 100-400mm, 300mm f4 and 400mm f5.6).

So my fist line of choosing was quite clear - canon was offering me the best overall advantages whilst nikon wasn't really pushing forward with any major (as I saw it) bonuses of their own.

Now comes round two and thing that keeps me firmly set with canon - their only unique lens on offer -the MPE65mm macro - so long as this remains unique and top of the line I will always have at least one canon camera body
4344779826_cee2528eee.jpg

So my advice is to consider your subject areas, your interests and objectives (if you have any) and then weigh up the different camera companies (there IS more out there than just nikon and canon) and see which is offering you the best options. I tend to put more weight in lens choice and options rather than camera body features mostly as I know that given a year or two advances on both sides can be very significant - but that is not to say you should not consider the camera bodies - just keep in mind that they are a more "disposable" side to photography ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back