Austin, Texas

Reaction score
I have monitored this forum for some time, just recently officially joining. I spend a lot of time online since I'm shut in the office booking work all day and generally need a little online relief to keep from the insanity. I own a licensed talent agency in Texas, though formerly ran Model Management, an agency in North Hollywood, California. In the days of film, I shot commercial work. Today, I don't confuse representing talent and paid work in the same venue, so only shoot for the enjoyment (now 100% digital). In addition to the agency, our team works collectively to help in charity events, as well as in the promotion of new talent and photographers. I hope to drop in and out here from time to time and share and experience with and from the rest of you. Thanks!

(Photo is Dallas/L.A. based actor, Derek Southers... with Austin actress and model, Carolee Gee).

derek-carolee1.jpg

austinmodelsandtalent said:
I have monitored this forum for some time,
For one awful moment there I thought you were the CIA. Whew! Back to spying for enemy powers (son of Austin).
Welcome to TPF. And I take 10%.

Yikes no... not CIA, though I do have involvement in a few things of concern to a "photographer" or two! My "monitoring" here's been to see if this online community was one honestly dedicated to photography (at all levels). It is indeed. Seems like a good space to hang out in. I think we all enjoy experiencing a variety of inputs and outputs!

:thumbup:

allie-new1.jpg

Hi Jeff,

I recognize you from other forums! Welcome to this forum. This is my favorite photography forum because it IS welcoming to people of all levels.

:soapbox:

I get a little irritated when the first questions out of people's mouths are what lens, what were your settings what kind of equipment and they don't want to talk about anything else. Here people freely talk about equipment, camera settings, composition and everything in between. And if you don't think that's true, just wait until someone hijacks your thread. This is the most welcoming group on the internet.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oops. Didn't mean to get carried away there. I've been cleaning and scrubbing all day so I'm a little cranky.

All gone now. Welcome to the forum!

:sun: :sun: :sun:

Welcome to the REAL TPF. ;) You may actually find a few worthwhile photo posts here, and god forbid some useful feedback. Glad to see you decided to join. I really liked a lot of your stuff on the "other" TPF... I've more or less given up on them, though. And watch out for Aoide... she's hiding in the shadows just waiting to hijack the first thread you start!! *runs and hides from the wrath of the music muse* :lol:

Aoide said:
Here people freely talk about equipment, camera settings, composition and everything in between.
Usualy on the photographer... like underwear or how you trim. That reminds me Aoide, I don't think you ever came clean on that one :eyebrows:

Aoide said:
And if you don't think that's true, just wait until someone hijacks your thread.
Ta-DAH! :mrgreen:

So anyway, I saw this great tv show this morning. It was about hotels in Hawaii. I'd love to go there someday.

;-)

Welcome to the forum!

Oh lordy, here we go again. :roll: Just for the record, I'm not taking part in the hijacking of the thread, and I did NOT have sexual relations with... ok, fine, I'm hijacking. :lol:

Welcome Jeff. Don't mind the loonies around here. :)

welcome aboard! It is always nice to have another pro here with an experience in shooting :)
oh... damn... you M&Ms pic just made me willing to eat some...

Most reactions

Back