B&W Model Car Shots - C&C please!

G. Ike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I've posted this elsewhere on the forums, but haven't gotten many responses. I figure I would try at least one more time. I just got my new camera a few days ago. It's a Fuji FinePix S700/S5700. These were shot manually, and I think numbers 3 and 4 are slightly too dark, but I was wondering your opinions on the group. Any constructive criticism or praise would be great! The subject is a model of a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette. Thanks in advance!

George

2877054463_a48950f1e5.jpg

2877047511_37131025af.jpg

2877876698_8d19c0fe58.jpg

2877873514_438b48d37d.jpg

Your right, the lighting is a little dark in 3 & 4. I like the lighting and the black and white.

However, I find the wood grain "floor" kills the images! The car seem almost real, and then the grain reminds you that it is a model. It also makes me think that you just happened to shoot the car while it was on your desk, even though I see through your angles and such that thought was put into the photos... I hope you get what I'm saying, I'm kind of rambling... :p

I think that if you could reshoot with a solid black or white background, the results would have more impact.

Actually, the car was just on a desk and I took a photo and then decided to get creative. Perhaps I should try reshooting with a white background. I took a few quick shots with a piece of white computer paper down and here is one of the better ones:
2883541687_87b453b366.jpg

The lighting is slightly different. Does the shadow defeat the purpose of the white background? I think I'll put more effort into it tomorrow morning, but what do you think of the white background now?

No, the shadow's fine!
I think it looks much better without the wood grain. This looks more like photography, whereas the others looked more like snapshots of your model car - which is fine if that's what you want! This new one looks classy.

Thank you! I'm so new to this but I already love it. I just hope the upgrade bug doesn't bite as quick as it does with cycling-- I cant afford it ;)

it's classic and nice..

Haha, no problem! I'm new to this too... And goodluck with that upgrade bug. It's gotten me already!

Most reactions

Back