Back to school

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by darin3200, Aug 17, 2005.

1. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

I go back to school in about 2 weeks and I'm not looking forward to it. But as a sort of prelude our school has what is known as a "Code of Conduct" meeting tonight. Its basically some administrator babeling for hours about why we should do certain things and what will happen if we do. Normally, this might be a good idea, but since this is my 3rd year doing this, I don't see a point.

My plan is to wear slightly loose jeans, put my small copy of Suan Sontag's "On Photography" in the pocket, were a button down shirt to cover the part of the book that can't fit into the pocket, sit in the back and read. :)

P.S. Yeah, I'm a rebel :D

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My boyfriend is off for his last year of college on Monday. :( I'm not looking forward to it either. He will be at the university painting and whatnot quite late most nights. :( I'm gonna miss lazy days like today...in fact, due to our work schedules, this is the very last lazy day til he gets a school vacation day. :(

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Fall term starts for me right after labor day. I had to order my books today :(

4. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

school starts for me on the first...im excited because its my senior year but its also the end of summer which is depressing :(

5. sbalsama

sbalsama TPF Noob!

You're telling me about going back to school. I just graduated high school and now I have to go back again! At least I get to do it in the comfort of northern Austria, but still...more stupid Algebra and the worst, English taught in British tradition *cries*

6. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

We start tommorow...dun dun dun dun dun... dun dun dun dun du...duunnnnnnnnnn

7. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No back to school here till next year :mrgreen: so I guess I have a year to figure it out ;)

8. Unimaxium

Unimaxium TPF Noob!

Northeastern University, originally from Philly
    Photos OK to edit
    It's still about another month till my school year starts. I'm actually looking forward to it. Gonna be a senior this year. It makes me feel old :confused:

9. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

Just don't go...

10. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Sadly, it is mandatory. However, I got a fair bit of reading in

11. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

I start back to school next Tues. I can't wait. Then again, this means I will be making my full time job salary and I really need the money.

12. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

I'm going to college next year (about 2 weeks away now) I'm getting my results next week, thursday for the end of Secondary school. I don't know if there is an equivalent in america. I suppose its like graduating except you stay until 18 I'm 16. I'm doing Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I don't want to do physics but theres nothing else I want to do. I wish my college did photography. Other ones do but they aren't as good for other subjects and as I want to be a doctor I need to stay where I'm gonig. I have not been into photography for very long but I have a slight feeling I would like to do it maybe as a profession somethnig like photojournalism. I haven't been doing it for long at all and so don't know How good I would be. And I am in a bit of a quandry. By the time I have been doing it long enough to have an idea if its for me it will be too late. But I really want to be an A&E (ER) doctor too.

:shock: