Backpacking: Garibaldi Provincial Park, B.C.

gamerz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I just got back from a magnificent trip through Garibaldi Provincial Park, B.C. The area is just stunning, and I wanted to show you all with some pictures... I brought along my D50, and the standard 18-55 kit lens.

I'll start off with some macros...

1. Purple Mountain Flower:

2699815681_1dcf086d1b.jpg

2. I don't exactly know the name of this plant...

2699814821_d75bdb232d.jpg

3. Water droplets on pine needles.

2699814319_2c9f51e980.jpg

Next up, the Beautiful landscapes... It was simply stunning, as you will see.

4. "Into the Mist"

2699810901_8563d8e4e8.jpg

5. Lake Garibaldi

2700634018_85ccdd4edb.jpg

6. Head of Lake Garibaldi

2700634886_a262480076.jpg

And now for some fun ones...

7. My Brother about to go for a swim in a glacial lake.

2699817973_01d563b506.jpg

8. Cold?
2700623040_5dca269f3a.jpg

If you wish to view the exif details, you can go to my flickr and look under "more properties".

Enjoy! C&C always welcome!

Eric D.

The first shot looks to me like it was taken on film, it's got that quality about it. The lake shots are nice, too.. for example #6.

My god these are stunning...

#2 looks like something out of Doctor Seuss. So I was kind of chuckling until I saw the pine needles... and was like "wow, very nice"... the mist was creepy and soothing at the same time... 5 and 6 were breathtakingly beautiful... and such smooth color tones. The ones of your brother were very cute. Good family keepers on an amazing backdrop.

The only thing I could possibly say about them is some of the horizons aren't straight, but good lord man ... nice pictures.

Thanks!

When I uploaded the pictures into Iphoto, the horizons didn't looks straight to me either... I tried to fix it, but I guess not...

Its one of those things that somebody else has to look at aswell.

Eric D.

Anybody have any other comments?

Wow, nice shots. Looks like you got the exposure dead-on - no blown highlights, no underexposure. Looks like minimal processing, were these pretty much straight out of camera? If so, you had some great light up there!

Thanks! The light was amazing up there, I realize the difference it makes to have good lighting.

The only processing I did was maybe a little bit of horizon straightening (even though they aren't completely flat)... I think I also did a bit of noise reduction, and thats it.

Phazan, in #7, I did not use an off camera flash. The sun was about where he is looking.

Eric D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back