Backyard birds

rodbender

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$034.jpg$071.jpg$003.jpg$011.jpg$015.jpg$030.jpg$034-2.jpg

Focus or lack of DoF appears to be soft on all these. Black and white points shaven't been set. Yoou really should allow members to edit your photos so you can see what a difference it makes when an image is PP'ed correctly.

Focus or lack of DoF appears to be soft on all these. Black and white points shaven't been set. Yoou really should allow members to edit your photos so you can see what a difference it makes when an image is PP'ed correctly.
go for it just remember I just got the camera and am new to DSLR"S

Be that as it may, all the DSLR equipment in the world isn't going to help if the focus isn't first set correctly. I would strongly suggest using a tripod, a faster shutter speed even if you have to bump up the ISO to get there, and a smaller aperture for greater depth and detail.

As to detail. black and white points, etc..this is a very quick difference.

$bird.jpg

Some of the problems I would associate with this image is the lack of a solid horizontal or vertical, too many angles whch detract from focusing on the dove, primarily lack of focus though the depth of field is okay but could be a little shallower.

Sorry didn't know yo had to be professional to be on this forum I won't post anymore!!

Not sure how my response would warrant a remark like this. I simply suggested how you could do better next time. There are very few "professionals" on this forum. Most of us havelearned what we know from being on the forum..looking, listening, learning.

Rod, you are new to this and you are off to a good start. What camera and lens are you using? They do appear to be a little soft, but you are doing a nice job isolating the bird from the backgrounds. I'm guessing you shot these on overcast days? There is no exif info so I can't see your camera settings. Don't run away, many of us are here to help and learn from each other!

Hey, these are WAY better than the first bird shots *I* took with my DSLR! Don't take the C&C the wrong way; it's not intended as some kind of "slam" against your photos, it's just information about how to do even better--and in this instance, it comes from a couple of folks who have some pretty stellar bird shots in their repertoire.

If you stick around--and if you're open to being "teachable"--you'll discover two things (at least!!) about this forum:

1. Nothing you post will EVER be "good enough." There will always be suggestions on how to improve it and comments about what you did wrong.
2. Paying attention to things posted as part of #1 will help to increase your skills exponentially in a relatively short period of time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back