Woodpeckers small to large

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are several woodpeckers at the backyard feeders. Small, medium, large & extra large. Shot thru the window.

1. The largest

Backyard woodpecker by Cheryl, on Flickr

011824_025wSM.jpg

011824_015wSM.jpg

011824_004wSM.jpg

Gorgeous! What a nice set.

I'm jealous! We have lots of woodpeckers around here, but whenever we put out special seed blocks or suet for them, we end up with a flock of starlings and/or grackles everywhere. They run everyone else off until it's gone.

What kind of suet cake is that?

Nice set of captures.

I'm jealous! We have lots of woodpeckers around here, but whenever we put out special seed blocks or suet for them, we end up with a flock of starlings and/or grackles everywhere. They run everyone else off until it's gone.

The suet cakes are from Ace hardware high energy

The feeder has been up for over a year. It was on a long branch about 10 feet away. The activity picked up this winter when the feeder was moved close to the tree trunk. Not sure if that what helped attract more woodpeckers.

Nice. The only Woodpecker I've never seen at my feeders is the Red Headed.

Nice set. We've had a few around our feeders also.

Yeah, there is no such thing as one grackle. Fortunately our seem to have come and gone.

Yeah, there is no such thing as one grackle. Fortunately our seem to have come and gone.
The grackles? They're all down here in Texas, sitting on the overhead lines across the intersections, decorating people's cars...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back