Backyard Hawk

Gelinda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There are a pair of hawks that hunt in the lakebed behind my home almost daily. Some days they let me get closer than others. Any CC welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• $Hawk 4884.jpg
    $Hawk 4884.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
  • $Hawk 4915.jpg
    $Hawk 4915.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 82
  • $Hawk 59_edited-1.jpg
    $Hawk 59_edited-1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 87
  • $Hawk 60_edited-1.jpg
    $Hawk 60_edited-1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I like #1 and #4 a lot.

#1 has very good color, and a clean background that contrasts with the subject well. I like the framing a lot too. :thumbup:

#2 I think may have been better if it was a vertical shot, and you showed the whole bird. I am not really sure though, and I don't know what your background situation was. Overall its not bad.

#3 had a lot of potential I think. It would be better if you could see its head though, I feel like an important part of the bird is missing from the shot. You just cant see it though of course. Would it have been possible to shoot it earlier, so you could see its head? I know shooting a bird in flight is very tricky, and I don't have much experience doing it myself.

#4 really shows the spirit of the hawk, it may have been better if it was on the top of a very narrow tree. This would make the tree less distracting. This was totally out of your control though. :thumbup:

Last edited:
#2 is a close up of the bird in #1, I took the full length in #1 and went in for the close up because I loved the way he was cocking his head watching me.

#3 I get your point about his head, the reason I like this photo is I love the detail in his wings.

#4 guess I need to plant a narrow top tree in my yard ;)

thanks for your input

I like #1 and #4 a lot.

#1 has very good color, and a clean background that contrasts with the subject well. I like the framing a lot too. :thumbup:

#2 I think may have been better if it was a vertical shot, and you showed the whole bird. I am not really sure though, and I don't know what your background situation was. Overall its not bad.

#3 had a lot of potential I think. It would be better if you could see its head though, I feel like an important part of the bird is missing from the shot. You just cant see it though of course. Would it have been possible to shoot it earlier, so you could see its head? I know shooting a bird in flight is very tricky, and I don't have much experience doing it myself.

#4 really shows the spirit of the hawk, it may have been better if it was on the top of a very narrow tree. This would make the tree less distracting. This was totally out of your control though. :thumbup:

good comments. Always love them Raptor Shots!! That's a Red Shouldered Hawk (FYI)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back