Bakery Girl

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
She works at bakery in Trujillo, Colombia. My own auto criticism is that I wish I had opened the lens more to further blur the busy background.

17166290990_d5fc51fa9d_z.jpg

Oh ok...I was afraid to post too large. What's a good size here? After checking now I'm a little confused. The image that was uploaded to Flicker was 1020x680 but here it appears as 640x427

Last edited:
Nice portrait, maybe a bit too much air above her head. If I lived in Colombia, I'd buy all my baked goods from her. :)

Typically, I use 800 pixels on my longest side.

Thanks Gary. I need to figure out why a reduction in size is occurring.

Oooops! Traveler you are quite right. I neglected to select the correct image size in Flicker:BangHead:

Oh ok...I was afraid to post too large. What's a good size here? After checking now I'm a little confused. The image that was uploaded to Flicker was 1020x680 but here it appears as 640x427

use their BBCode link instead of a direct link to the image. Pic the size you want to display--800px at min.

It's a nice photo of her, I would think about how you're framing the subject. There's a good bit of space in the photo above and to the sides.

Think about everything you see in your viewfinder and if you want it all in the picture. If you want the case to the left in the picture, frame your shot so the viewers can see enough of it to see what it is. In the lower right there's part of something that doesn't need to be in the picture at all.

Having the background more out of focus can work but if there are a lot of objects there, especially cropped off, it can still make for distracting blobs of color and shape that don't add to the composition. Move around when you're getting ready to take a picture and notice what's in your frame and how taking a step or two can change what you see in your viewfinder.

The nice thing about there being a good bit of color and shape in the background is you might think about where she could stand to use that to enhance the subject. The image of her is nice and sharp and she's smiling and responding well to you as the photographer.

I always forget and post way too big!!!:BangHead:

I don't think you need to worry about the background not being blurred enough as it provides a nice context as it is. People tend to overdo the shallow depth of field thing sometimes.

her mouth smiles but her eyes show that she's not smiling.

That's a very good observation. There is a lot of dark history in her village.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back