Barraband Feather

Aqua67

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to take a picture of a feather on a black background and I’m a total newbie. This is my first manual shot and it only took me 2 days to achieve. I know it is not spectacular but I got the “floating on a black background” that I was going for. Thank goodness for a mirror to set the feather upon and a black background I achieved with the cover to my Fender amplifier. I’m also new to digital photography editing software which I also used on this manual shot. My camera is the Nikon CoolPix P1000. I used f8, ISO 200 and my tripod. I was going to try a timed shutter speed but lost patience and just wanted to get the shot. I need to read a little more about my camera and practice a little more patience. However, I do feel very triumphant at the moment and just thought I’d share.

I tried it again and this time was able to get a better focus. It took me about 50 shots and 3 hours to get these pics. I’m very slow, such a newbie. But I’m having fun. I wish I had larger swaths of time to devote to this hobby, but I am self-employed and most all of my time and energy is put forth in that direction. This is a very fun hobby though.

Attachments

• DSCN0345.jpeg
    DSCN0345.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0346_03.jpeg
    DSCN0346_03.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0343.jpeg
    DSCN0343.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 5

Most reactions

New Topics