Basic APS-C Comparison for Beginner!

Trangela

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Lots of people are confused about buying a new DSLR, so I prepared a basic comparison table for them. I hope this table will be useful for you.
lknz5l.jpg

kjVAYD.jpg

Is it okey now? @waday
Yvz8kD.jpg

M6q8J6.jpg

Last edited:
you may want to double check everything. The 2 things that stick out immediate are the Flip Out Screens .. I believe all Nikon d5x00 cameras have flip out screens including the d5200 and d5300 which you identify do NOT have flip out screens.

Also, beginners are very price conscious which may be a good addition to your list.

Cool list, I know why some things are highlighted but beginners may not. Also for the ISO row you many want to add either native (max). Same with shutter speed, Max.

you may want to double check everything. The 2 things that stick out immediate are the Flip Out Screens .. I believe all Nikon d5x00 cameras have flip out screens including the d5200 and d5300 which you identify do NOT have flip out screens.

Also, beginners are very price conscious which may be a good addition to your list.
Thank you, I fixed it.
Price can be change from country to country, that's because I don't add it.

Price can be change from country to country, that's because I don't add it.

Most of our members are in the US so US prices will be meaningful to most and you can add another row that is multiplier over lowest priced item.

So if 5300 is $500 and D3 is $2000 then the multiplier row would be 4 (thus people would know that a D3 is 4x the D5300)

Oddly... the Canon table indicates that every camera has an AF motor. On the Canon side... no Canon body has an AF motor. The AF motor is always in the lens.

I can understand why it's important to distinguish which Nikon bodies have an AF motor because some Nikon lenses have built-in AF and some rely on the camera body for AF. This could lead to the problem where the buyer chooses a body that required lens AF and then chooses a lens which requires body AF ... and ends up with no AF at all. But on the Canon side this can't happen.

Personally, I was never very good at the spreadsheet function of Word.

My suggestion would be to add the North American name for the various Canon Rebels, which use the short T-series names like T4i,T5i,and so on. And agreed, there's no need for pricing information, since that varies from market to market and based on time.

Most reactions

Back