Baskerville House

gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a mini assignment at college to photograph this building using traditional and contemporary styles in architectural photography.
I got there just after sun down to avoid the sodium glow in the sky :}

1)
urban%20%2845%29.jpg

2)
urban%20%2844%29.jpg

3)
urban%20%2843%29.jpg

4)
urban%20%2842%29.jpg

5)
urban%20%2841%29.jpg

6)
urban%20%2840%29.jpg

7)
urban%20%2839%29.jpg

8)
urban%20%2838%29.jpg

9)
urban%20%2837%29.jpg

Quite different from my work in the past.
Thanks for looking,
C&C welcomed.

Matt

*after looking at these again, there seems to be some loss of data as the colours in 3, 6 ,7 and 8 are all wrong as to how they are on my PC.

Hi man !!!! :mrgreen:

So I give you my opinion about these pictures :

n1 :interesting light and atmosphere on this shot , but I am not really convinced by the composition, i would like to see more of the window and less of the wall

n3: I find the light in the bottom windows very interesting ,i may have crope and keep a 3*3 windows ( keeping the bottom line of windows) to play more with geometry

i don't like the shots 3,6,7,8 the blue light do not create any feelings to me

4: is interesting nice B&W

9 : efficient shot with the superposition of different colours / lights (yellow, red blue) and nice composition, I like this one

That s really a difficult exercise to take shot like this and you made a good job :thumbup:

Mat

Thanks for your comments.
I'm not by any means an architecture photographer, so this was actually quite a challenge for me.
I actually wanted to make the majority Black and white as I didn't like the lights in the area, but my tutor made me keep them in colour as he said the blube light is one of the main features of the building and a reason he assigned me this building.

n1 that window is in the floor, so I was just trying to get and angle to reflect some of the building, but since there is such a big gap from the floor to the first window.... the reflections were not to good.

n2 I agree about the crop. It looks totally alligned at the top, but then is totally out at the bottom. I think i will try to crop on this one :)

Most reactions

Back