Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He is part of a lineage we usually call "The Baul Singers", they sing around and usually lead a nomadic lifestyle, surviving with the money collected from the roadside spectators. Their instrument, an ektara usually only has one strings to make the music. Although this persons instrument might have more than one strings.

Anyways, when I spotted him from inside my house he was in "the zone", with his eyes closed - face covered in sweat, shaking his head in a rhythm and singing his heart out.. it would been one of my best for sure if I could have taken it the way I'm visualizing it. But by the time I went downstairs he had concluded and was moving on. I didn't have much time to take this shot, I think it came out nice considering.
Gears used: D100 + Sigma 28-70. Any C&C welcome.. and comments appreciated as always..:)

15533476681_cc21a2178b_c.jpg

The one that got away? Pity you missed the shot you wanted but it's still a nice one. :)

ok... hm... did you oversharpened his face?

The one that got away? Pity you missed the shot you wanted but it's still a nice one. :)
Thanks Grandad! Yeah, I wish I could have taken that one; maybe I should have followed him for his next performance :lol:
ok... hm... did you oversharpened his face?
Nopes! But I did try to recover as much details from the shadows as possible, do you think I overdid it? His face was way too dark..

You still got an interesting photo that shows something of his life, nicely done. The face/skin is what mostly looks a little over processed, but I like the detail in the clothing.

For me I like the way the wrinkles in his clothes sort of pop him out of the background of orthogonal lines and bars. This is a very nice image, well done!

Looks like he's got three strings on they thing!
His face may be I tiny bit over done, but I really like it! Maybe you can stock him, and get some more shots. ;)

Very interesting image... a shame that one got away, but there's always another!
Yes it was, thanks John.. :)
You still got an interesting photo that shows something of his life, nicely done. The face/skin is what mostly looks a little over processed, but I like the detail in the clothing.
I think I might have touched the clarity bar a little too! :lol: I'll fix it :)
For me I like the way the wrinkles in his clothes sort of pop him out of the background of orthogonal lines and bars. This is a very nice image, well done!
:) Thanks Thomas!
Looks like he's got three strings on they thing!
His face may be I tiny bit over done, but I really like it! Maybe you can stock him, and get some more shots. ;)
:lol: I'll see if I can manage that! Thanks Gallagher :D

And my apologies to everyone for the delayed response..I almost forgot about this thread!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back