Bavarian Alps

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is another image I captured flying along the norther edge of the Alps through the southern most portion of Bavaria, en route to Salzburg, Austria, from London, September, 2016. Captured shortly after sunrise, before the morning fog lifted. The aircraft window made for some loss of resolution, reflections, and funny color cast that was frustrating to work around.

D800, 24-70mm f/2.8 @ 66mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/2000sec

Really like the layers and shades!

Personally, I think it would look even more awesome cropping out the clouds on the top of the image :)

I don't see Waldo.

Jokes aside, very nice layering. Like yaopey, I'd be tempted to crop just above the last set of mountains before the clouds, to reinforce the repeating pattern.

Epic shot!!
Thanksď

Really like the layers and shades!

Personally, I think it would look even more awesome cropping out the clouds on the top of the image :)

I don't see Waldo.

Jokes aside, very nice layering. Like yaopey, I'd be tempted to crop just above the last set of mountains before the clouds, to reinforce the repeating pattern.

Than you, both. I went back and forth on cropping that out, and I settled on leaving it because I thought it helped it fade into the distance. But, I see what you're talking about now with it breaking up the repeating pattern, which I hadn't though about.

Most reactions

Back