Bay Shrimpers...

My point was that the pictures are uninteresting.
This is a photography forum not a boat and/or shrimping forum.

I don't know Lew, you might be coming down too hard. Isn't record photography, still photography? It seems this battle has been fought many times in the past. For me, I'd rather look at these then a series of angles or colors

Rick,

I don't think that saying something is uninteresting is coming down too hard.
It seems like the honest truth as I see it.
I didn't say he was a bad person.

I think "interesting" is the key word. I have zero interest in abstract. Others can get into page after page of in depth discussion over the same. Still others find shrimp boats a pleasure to view. I think they all fall under "photography" and there's room for everyone.

I like the 2nd and 4th ones the best.

As for "interesting" it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference. I can see how they could be seen as uninteresting to someone who is not familiar to shrimping/boats, someone who is into shrimping/boats would probably like the photos a lot more. I do like the photos and think they are pretty good but could see how I might appreciate them more if I was more knowledgable about the subject.

Good point, I like almost anything maritime. Particularly wooden traditional and working boats, so maybe I am a little prejustice

Most reactions

Back