Beginner question - photo improvements

athena2024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone, new to the forum but would really love feedback on my photo. I am new to photography and seeking to learn as much as I can. I am not a very creative person but would really love any guidance or suggestion to improving the attached photo.

53488766017_5762903283_q.jpg

really love any guidance or suggestion to improving the attached photo.

It's next to impossible to determine improvements needed on a low resolution image. For posting here an image with a resolution of 1200-1500 pixels at 150-200 dpi works well.

The first step in improvement is learning to critique your own image to spot areas that need work. In your image look at it with a critical eye, can you spot anything? Do you have questions on how to approach correcting a problem.

Last edited:
You seem to have seen something interesting to photograph. This makes for a nice subject with the pink color and texture of the flower against the green leafy background.

You might when framing a shot think about not always centering the subject, although I think it works with this image since the flower is at an angle. Think too about how much background you want in the photo.

A larger image if you can post one would be helpful to see it better.

I'd suggest you keep practicing and learning about composition. This is nice for being new at photography.

Hi Everyone, new to the forum but would really love feedback on my photo. I am new to photography and seeking to learn as much as I can. I am not a very creative person but would really love any guidance or suggestion to improving the attached photo.

53488766017_5762903283_q.jpg
I would try a different crop, with more space under the flower. Nothing technical; just personal taste.

Thank you all so much, the comments are quite helpful and have already got me thinking

I agree, a little more space below the flower might give better balance to the composition.

I don't know if you've taken much art but you could learn about elements and principles of composition like balance, space, contrast, shape, pattern, line, texture, etc. Most sources should be OK if they describe several of the same/similar elements as other resources.

What I saw in your photo was the shape of the flower, interesting texture, and contrast of pink and green. With red/pink and green being opposites on the color wheel and having more contrast, that can make an image 'pop'.

Hi! It's an amazing photo overall but I agree with others about maybe picking a different crop next time to leave more space around the flower. Here are some photo cropping tips that might be helpful- Cropping Tips | Basic Rules for Cropping Photos Like a Pro
I wouldn't change anything else about the photo, it's pretty solid, great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back