Photos OK to edit
Some shots from yesterdays excursion on my lunch break:

Stepstocastle.jpg

Stairs.jpg

Flowers2.jpg

Flowers1.jpg

Castlewall.jpg

Cheers, dee

Wow. Beautiful! I like 'em all, but the last two are my faves. The second last one looks like it should be on a postcard or brochure.

The second is nice. I have seen that spiral staircase in photos taken by my sister, she's been to Belfast Castle before, and so have my parents, but I haven't.
As to the second: it would have been even better if you had chosen a POV where the photo would have come out absolutely symmetrical. The fact that it is not that bugs me a bit. I feel that a scene like this begs for being put into a frame absolutely symmetrical (and for that the second door would have needed to be closed, too, although that cone actually says: leave me open ;)).

Not sure about the tulip ones ... they border on being cheesy, in my opinion, that is, though the colour of the tulips goes so well with the colour of the sky, but together with the castle... :scratch: ... not sure. Absolutely not sure. If I were to say: You MUST choose one out of the two tulip-shots, then I'd prefer Photo 4 over 5.

Lovely shots Deebo!

I disagree with the symmetry point, I think symmetry is over rated in photography. Every joe takes the symmetry shot, and its nice to see different perspectives. To me, life isnt symmetrical, so why should our photos be?

I think the tulips shots are unusal too, and I like them a lot. The second one is the nicest imo because i can see more of the building behind.

Good stuff!

I don't think the trouble with #2 is symmetry, I think it is simply that the horizon line is not level.

wow those colors! I especially like the last too :)

Cheers All, The Belfast castle is a cool place and has lovely gardens too. Planning to go again and get some nice gardens and flower shots. I will be sure to upload and show you all.

Cheers Dee

Most reactions

New Topics

Back