Best Deal For Process & Scan 35mm Slides?

Mike_Freeze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy,

I hope to take advantage of the collective knowledge of this group. I like to shoot slides (mostly velvia and provia), but I no longer need it mounted - I prefer to simply have the film developed and scanned. Of course, I keep the film for archive purposes, but I really just work with the digital files. I have a local lab, but they aren't cheap to say the least.

So, where can I get the best deal for developing & scanning slides? Much thanks for any replies.

use the lab to develop/process your film, and send the developed film to me for scanning, i don't have a drum or film scanner but i have a flatbed scanner and i can do fine with it, i will charge you only the shipping cost.

Interesting.... so you guys get slides? or are you talking about putting them on cd?

I scan my own film... You can get a reasonable new scanner for a few hundred, and if you look around, or have a bigger budget you'll get a better quality scanner...

It was easy to justify the upfront fees when I realized how many shots I took + how much the lab was charging.

I too, have my film scanned since the local photo club now uses digital
projection rather than slides. I found it more economical to use color
negative film. The local camera store will process the film (without prints),
and give me 2048x3072 scans on a CD. I can also scan the film with
my Canon MP990, but it's easier to let them do it.

I'm not sure about film processing but slides.com just added a slide scanning service that is done with an HR-500+. Prices are competitive with Nikon based service bureaus but obviously a high end lab scanner such as the HR-500 is going to produce much better scans then the consumer (Nikon) options.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back