Best software for making a slide show?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to make a slideshow for our annual softball banquet. I have photos on the iCloud on my iPad and on Flickr. I need to put them all together and get them ready for a slideshow. Random order is perfectly fine and I do not need any music so what would be my best option? Should I just use PowerPoint or is there something easier/better/free?

Powerpoint is a simple option, Camtasia if you need more features.

I personally think that adobe's Lightroom software is good, and so is a German software product called graphic converter. There is also an old Mac piece of software called JPEG converter, which is available as freeware.

I believe your iPad could probably also do a good slideshow with or without music using the factory installed iPhoto software.

Since you are using and iPad, you can make a slide show in Keynote, Garage Band, or iMovie. My favorite is iMovie as I can determine how long the image stays on screen and how it is going to fade. I then can overlay an audio track. Though I do not do it often I can also overlay text.

I created this in iMovie. http://geen.co/downloads/Caleb at TCA.m4v

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I personally think that adobe's Lightroom software is good, and so is a German software product called graphic converter. There is also an old Mac piece of software called JPEG converter, which is available as freeware.

I believe your iPad could probably also do a good slideshow with or without music using the factory installed iPhoto software.

I can get the iPad photos app to create the slideshow but I can't see any way to export it??? Trying to google options but all the instructions online say to go to the projects tab which I don't seem to have or at least cannot find...

I used to use Ashampoo Sideshow maker - just noticed this version appears to be free (was $19.99)
Ashampoo® Slideshow Studio 2019
Easy to use

I then went to Photodex ProShowGold which was significant more flexible/more features - $69.95
ProShow Gold - Create Fast and Fun Photo Slideshows
Simple but powerful. Can produce HD slideshow file or an .exe file to use on any computer - you choose.

I then went to ProShowProducer to gain access to more free music and effects - LOT more expensive
ProShow Producer - The world's leading professional video slideshow software.

Thanks all. I ended up making an iMovie of the photos on my iPad then uploading it to iCloud then downloading it from the cloud to my pc... lots of extra effort in the researching but the iMovie does all the slideshow work - just had to tweak a few start and end views for some of the portrait orientation slides. I used the Ken Burns mode. 300+ photos done in about an hour. It came out great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back