Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

I recently took a job photographing and listing a very large number of firearms. I am shooting with studio strobes and a camera stand. I have been using ControlMyNikon and started having problems with it. In short, it locks up after a shot and requires a restart of the software. The problem has become frequent. I am currently using a D90 but plan on upgrading to a D7000.

I downloaded The Nikon Camera Control Pro. Your thoughts would be very much appreciated both concerning the problem I am having and your opinion on what theathering software works best with the least amount of problems.

I am using Photoshop Elements to prep the images for listing. Does anything go straight into Photoshop Elements 10 Organizer?

Thank you all for your input.

Roger "Grits"

Best tethering software I've found is Lightroom 4

I have a D7000 and D700 and use lightroom for it.. it works perfect and extremely easy to use... You can download lightroom 4 here:Amazon.com: Software Downloads

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was going to say LR3/4 but but since it was already mentioned...cough cough 2wheel cough Theinformer cough...ahem excuse me lol. I would also try Dragon motion software they have a free trail and it's pretty user friendly.

Thanks Everyone

I am downloading Lightroom 4 right now. I like ControlMyNikon; however, there are problems using it with a D90. It was fine when I was using for fun. Now, I cannot afford the time spent restarting the software several times a day.

What does Lightroom do other than allow you to shoot theathered? It is an image editor also?

Thanks again,

Grits

Lightroom looks like something that will be extremely useful for me. An important feature of ControlMyNikon was the ability to use "Live View" on a computer screen and shoot remotely. Quite often, I will move the subject without touching the camera. For example, shooting (photographing) handgun. Another would be photographing a shotgun stock, left, right, top and bottom. Will Lightroom allow me to do that? If not, what software does other than ControlMyNikon?

The links below will give yall an idea of what I am doing.

Winchester Model 1892 32 W.C.F. 32-20 : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

AMT AUTOMAG II 4 1/2" SS 22 Magnum 22 WMR : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I will also take all the constructive criticism I can get.

Thank you all again. Your help is most valuable.

Grits

Love lightroom also for import.. Also I use eye-if and a watch folder in lightroom to to it wireless. I've also started using a tablet only with hdmi out to be monitor for quick on location syncing with my eye-if in directory mode. Love it

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

This is a program you can try out as well. It's called camera RC. It is just released, I know this because I was a beta tester (for d200 and d90). It is a simple interface and might work for you. There is a free trial here CameraRC Index fwiw I have no affiliation with the company...

Sorry for late reply - ** should do pretty much everything NCCP2 does and it includes LiveView and full camera remote control. Its on sale at the moment for $24.99...

Hope that helps

Todd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back