Best way to pack...

Kwenami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...a bag with your camera and a lens attached, so that you minimize risk of damage? Or is it *always* best to take the lenses off first?

Typically when I set my bag up for landscapes I'll leave my 16-35 attach. Mostly for ease of use and saving some time, as it's the lens I use the most.

Jake

I generally only remove the lens when I'm changing it.

So how do you pack your camera bag so it doesn't shuffle around if you're travelling around a bit?

So how do you pack your camera bag so it doesn't shuffle around if you're travelling around a bit?

The dividers in my bags keep my gear in place.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Travel with my wide angle or mid-range attached. The dividers in the bag/case keeps everything in place. I never check my main camera bag either, it always stays with me safe and sound.

Most camera bags have a designated spot that will allow you to safely store your camera with a lens attached. All of the camera bags I have looked at have been setup this way, or at least allow you to arrange the dividers to make a spot for your camera plus lens.

Keep the camera with a lens connected to protect the connections. Also keep the bag full but with dividers between lenses. I fill empty space with ND filter set and a close-up extension set, both in cases.

yeah, I have a camera backpack that allows me to keep my lens attached (usually the 18-55) & keeps the camera secure. It also has room for a few extra lenses & my tripod on the side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back