300.0mm
Flash
Off
White Balance Mode
Auto
AF Mode
Manual focusing

8bbe7aca.jpg

I've never been that good with capturing flying birds, but this is my best shot. I'm pretty sure 1/50 was a tad slow for an action shot, but the sun was hiding :(

Is that pretty much the only thing I did wrong here?

hope you dont mind, i played aroudn with it in PS, here's what i got, let me know if you dont want me editing it.

2copy.jpg

Looks like he did a unmask sharpen....I bet its very difficult shooting moving objects...

yeah, thats right, i used unsharp mas on it, as well as the smart sharpen, then I overlaid the original file and erased where the bird was so the background which was supposed to be blurry wouldnt appear sharpened

wow great tips shorty!!!

Yes. You are right: 1/50 sec. is too slow a shutter speed for this kind of action shot. But I like what ElShorty did with your pic and will have to read through his description of how he did this (mostly so: how he eliminated the motion blur around the wings) in his edition!!! Very good. (My ancient PS does not have "Smart Sharpen" though, hmph).

I certainly like the motion blur in the background, and you did well in your panning! I have not come this far as yet, my bird-in-flight pics all go blurred all over. I cannot refocus manually fast enough. Ugh. Bird gone! Whoosh.

the way i got rid of the blur around the wings was by using the clone tool and just touching it up a bit so the lines were cleaner

Most reactions

Back