Black and White Light

pixeldawg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings one and all,

Today is my first day on this forum, so I thought I'd start out by posting one of my images.

I have freelanced for several years now, and one of the things that I like to do is travel the back roads of Alabama when I'm going to an assignment. I was asked to go to the town of Dothan, which is in the souteastern corner of the state, to photograph the murals for a book publisher. The were particularly interested in a mural that depicted deSoto's meeting the local indians here in Alabama. On the way back home, I stopped to get some gas at an old country store, and this is what I saw while my car was filling up. I pulled away from the pump and spoke to this gentleman for several minutes. He was simply enjoying the day.

Anyway, nice to be here and hope you like it. Shot with a Nikon D100 and a 70-200F2.8 Nikkor lens.

276country_store.jpg

Not one comment? Is it that bad??? :-(

Welcome to the forum.

I think this shot is exceptionally cool, so I'm surprised you didn't get any comments.

Really good shot. I would be very proud of it, were I you.

Wow. Very good photo!
I'm only seeing this now (must have been asleep when you posted it), and hey now. Yes, this is good! The diagonal line cast by the light and the shadow is perfect. As is the person's enjoyment of the sun!

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if I'd lost my touch. ;-). Since the image is digital, I'd shot it in color, but when I saw it, it screamed black and white to me. So glad you enjoyed it and thanks again for taking a look.

Very nice photo

I sure do miss my days in Alabama

Love this photo! It definately tells a story and I love the rustic/aged look of the building. The soft smile on this mans face as he's looking into the sun makes an awesome subject. Great capture.

Thanks! THe pose and light were genuine too, so to me, I think it makes it a better image. I really liked the image in black and white too simply because it adds to the "rustic" mood of the image. THanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back