Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Kimberly81, Jul 9, 2008.
C&C per req:
Very nice, you're really lucky to have a daughter who is obviously so comfortable being photographed. I'll just offer a couple of comments:
1. I think the white in the shirt is just a tad bright, and watch things like underwear, etc. You can see a bit of strap showing on her LH shoulder.
2. Again, whites are perhaps a little too white. I wonder about doing this one from a 3/4 profile?
3. I really like this one. Again, undershirt (just looks a little messy)
4. Nice compositiona nd expression, but the blown highlights ruin this one for me.
5. Great facial capture, not fussy about the unfocused leg however.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
You have a beautiful daughter!
All I can say is, I think all of these photos are great! The last two are my favorites, maybe because her hair is down. The last one has great focal capture however, it looks really serious, too serious almost for a child's portrait.
Second to last is my favorite; I LOVE how the sun highlights her legs, hair, and clothes, it gives it such a light playful feel, and the way her legs are up and intwined adds to that feel. Great job!
First, general cc.. it's better to resize these (photobucket will do it auto for you if you go w/them) for web viewing. Second, its good to number them for ease of CC.
I think you have some good stuff here! I think they could use a jump in contrast and my favorite is the 2nd to last, great composition and use of light.
I don't think that's underwear...it looks like a tank...she's just layered.
This is correct thanks everyone for the comments and advice. I wake up wanting to take pictures and apply what I am learning. My daughter does love the camera but I think she is getting burnt out on it LOL so my husband is my next victim this weekend, on the plus side, he gets a new outfit out of the deal LOL
Separate names with a comma.