Black bear, 746 lbs

cool09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
746 lbs black bear, Potter County, PA. (Take a few shots to take this guy down.)

$746 lbs Potter County.JPG

WOW....lol I bet the first shot pissed him off.

Last edited:
That's a lot of bear meat! I've never tried bear before, how does it taste? I'm assuming that's why you shot it, you are going to eat it right?

I didn't shoot it. Never saw a black bear this big! He is like 25 Cujo's put together or a bear on steroids. I'd hate to meet this guy in the forest at night - he's going to end up with a homo-sapien breakfast.

I've eaten 4 bears all tasted good, some people say it depends on there diet, all mine were eating berry/greens. Maybe gets gamey when eating fish or meat? or a bear at the dump probably wouldnt appeal to me

Good one, I liked it

I used to hunt AND trap. Now I'd rather see those shots come from a Nikon.
I've eaten bear. Asking what it tastes like is like asking, "what does Chicken taste like". Chicken tastes like Chicken. Bear DOESN'T taste like chcken. It tastes like...

I used to hunt AND trap. Now I'd rather see those shots come from a Nikon.
I've eaten bear. Asking what it tastes like is like asking, "what does Chicken taste like". Chicken tastes like Chicken. Bear DOESN'T taste like chcken. It tastes like...

I've eaten bear meat on a couple of occasions. Never killed one myself and never would: unless it was him or me. The one word I'd use to describe the taste of bear meat would be "greasy".
And it can be quite "gamey" too.

I am a fan of wild game. Much more humane than the factories chickens and cattle are processed in.

That's the biggest black bear I've ever seen. Occasionally we have one wander into town from the mountain.

what did it smell like? i always wonder about how wild animals smell. that dude is pretty big. i've only seen little ones (alive). never close enough to smell though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back